CHAPTER 31.5

A/N: SHORT && NOT EDITED.

Chapter 31.5 – Martin POV

Three Elders… Ethel, Caelum and Tallon, their faces cold, serious the silence filled by unintelligible gibberish from the laptop Derrick dropped on my desk. What the hell was Derrick doing with that video? How long had he had it? Did he know about Rainy this whole time as well?

Overwhelmed I shut the laptop, “Oh no Mr. DeLuca, open the video so we can all see what your brother watches to pass his time,” Elder Ethel said, her voice impassive but leaving no room for arguments, my thumb opened the laptop but I didn’t start the video again.

Things weren’t going to just go away, not when I looked up at the doorway again and saw that it wasn’t just three Elders that stood in the doorway, there were five. Fury coursed through my veins, how could my family abandon me at a time like this? When I needed them!

“Elders,” I said standing smiling, gritting my teeth, “please come in.”

Walking in, none sat, “We’ve come to discuss what will be happening for the time being, Mr. DeLuca-”

“Alpha DeLuca,” my wolf furious at the disrespect, tried my best not to snarl, “Elder Ethel.”

Caelum came forth, “After the meeting, the Elders and myself feel that your pack needs to be closely monitored, but after this video your brother Derrick has produced we all agree it would be best if Elder Lucien,” he said pointing to the man, “became a temporary Alpha for this pack while we look into your pack Mr. DeLuca. After we’ve examined our findings we will decide whether you are suited for your position for such a large pack-”

“You are Elders, but you cannot demote what is in my genes, my birth right!” I said angrily. “I. AM. A TRUE. ALPHA. ELDERS!” my fists shook at my side, Beth coming in, rushes to my side but her touch brings me little comfort. Ignoring my words, further angering me the Elders’ moved on, “Derrick DeLuca, now, can you tell us how you came to have this video of young Rainy?” Elder Ethel questioned Derrick.

“I paid for it, as did thousands others, look at her Elders,” he picked up the video again practically shoving it in Tallon and Caelums faces, “How does it feel to know you murdered my mate for this slut? Look at her, enjoying that mans touch-”

“Silence!” Ethel said calmly, stopping the rambling coming from Derrick’s mouth, thankfully, the loss of his mate wasn’t leaving him with a level head, nodding, Derrick came forward again.

Coming forth, Lucien took the laptop from Derrick, setting it down and tapping away at the keys, his face blank, not giving away what he was doing, I watched as Derrick stepped away, as Lucien called the other Elders forward silently. Looking myself, I see what has caught their attention, the date of the video, is three years old, however there are two others, one five years old the other four. My body shook, anger coursing in my veins once again, my head snapped to where Derrick was a few moments ago but he was gone.

Why would he have these videos? I thought to myself, but that was short lived because the Elders all stood ramrod straight, growling, signaling the guards that were probably outside to gather Derrick up. What was happening here now?

I didn’t understand… Adina was Derrick’s true mate; he would have no reason to seek out things like porn, so why did he have these videos here? Unmated men may have these, but one with his true mate? Was he involved in the actions Adina was guilty of?

Derrick? DERRICK! I shouted over the link, seeking him out until my knees buckled from underneath me, the link to my brother ripped away from the pack bond, so much already taken today, this dwindling me to my knees.  

.

.

.

Anna POV

                We returned to the main house, only to see that the old Luna and Alpha were packing their belongings, Chris already finished, not giving me much time to follow. However before I could go Logan and Lucy wouldn’t let me leave this place, I had to get away, be with Chris I understood him better than any of them, he was hurting as was I.

He didn’t want to leave me, he got out of the car to speak in my defense but Lucy wouldn’t have it. It was all falling apart, everything I wanted and hoped for but I still have one chance and I wasn’t going to waste it. If I were human, I would be able to carry a piece of Chris, something, no, someone he wouldn’t turn his back on.

A baby. Our baby.

                “Anna…” Luna Beth came to me, trying to comfort me over my loss of Chris as I watched Logan force him away, “it’s going to be okay… no one will watch you any differently after what Adina has done and I understand you’re hurt and angry but, you are welcomed to stay here,” I pulled away from her, why would I want to stay somewhere Chris wasn’t?

 I had nothing left… only the hope of having a small part of him, a reason to secure him to me. Ignoring her calls, racing back to the cottage, snubbing the stares of pity, wrenching the fridge open I searched for Chris’ sample I had acquired and kept hidden – luckily. Relieved when I found it in its place, I sighed, all wasn’t lost yet.

Now to deceive an Elder into removing my wolf, turning me into a human, claim that I am mourning my lost family, mate and sister, wishing only to live my life as a human. Asking them to grant me that at least after the loss of my whole family.

 ________________________________________

Anna is cray-cray....

don't forget to drop a note and vote :)

© 2014 new_season All Rights Reserved