CHAPTER 13

Chapter Thirteen- Answers First… Mate Forever…

I was itching to get back to my mate but still I wanted a few answers.

Answers first… mate forever….  My wolf said dazed still planning his life with our mate.

When we left the gallery we ended up in a room I could tell was a study. The far wall had shelves, and directly behind his desk was floor to ceiling window.

Turning his monitor towards me he said, “look your answers.”

“When Rainy and I were 11 years old we shifted but we didn’t tell anyone, our wolves told us not to tell anyone. Everything was fine for five days then she mind linked me all sad that her mate was kissing Anna. To be fair she never told me that you were her mate directly. When she mind linked me I just called Anna and asked where she was, and she said she was with you so I just assumed you were mates because I knew Rainy wouldn’t lie. The very last thing she mind linked me though was that she saw Anna kissing her mate.”

“Impossible!” I shook my head back and forth that couldn’t be true. I mean how could I forget meeting my mate.

Not just you, me too… I don’t remember meeting my mate… I’m happy Rainy is mate…

“Look this is crazy I know we still-”

“We?” I asked Logan.

“My team found hours and hours of videos where she was being kept. Not just from when she was taken. Whoever had her was watching your hospital and condo full time. From what I could tell they had been watching for years, almost 12 or so years. Since you opened your hospital. They didn’t take her for any other reason than she was your mate. From what my guys have watched so far they don’t think this was only put together by Seth and Henry.”

“He wont say what part he plays in this mess but on my own when Rainy went missing he said his wife and daughter were out of town visiting another family. Do you remember?”

“Yeah…”

“Well, we believed that his family was being held and unless he helped Seth they would keep his family. Right after he told you that your mate was Emma, two weeks later his wife and daughter were back…”

“Whatever this is Chris I’m not sure its over because if it was he would come clean, I’m not sure that even having her here is safe. I thought for a while that it was because we shifted when we were only 11 years old but so far nothing has come to support that belief…”

“We have video-” he stopped. Taking a breath before biting out the rest.

“He was going to send you videos, not sure when but he has been recording as if he would eventually sent them. So here’s one we thought you should see… you said that you don’t remember finding out you were mates right?” he asked looking at me in disbelief, searching my face for lies.