Salvation-23

Present...

You: So that's the place?

Brooklyn: Uh huh.

You: Plan?

Brooklyn: You know we don't have a plan.

You: There's five guards at the entrance... There are probably a lot more inside. I'm running out of fresh new ideas to kill people.

Brooklyn: So?

You: It's boring if I kill them the same way over and over again.

Brooklyn: Just... I don't know. Do some cool tricks.

You: With one arm?

Brooklyn: You have a fancy one too.

You: Look at this thing.

You hold it up.

You: I don't have fingers.

Brooklyn: I'd be having so much fun with that thing if I were you.

You: Until you realize how hard it is to get dressed with one arm.

Brooklyn: Whatever. Let's just do it.

You: We need a plan.

Brooklyn: Ok, plan... I'm going to shoot the dudes in the front there. Then we're going to go inside, kill the dudes inside, find the leaders, and kill them.

You: Cool.

Brooklyn: But you already knew that and wasted time making me explain that.

You: Sorry.

You don't want her to get angry again.

She walks across the dimly lit street. To your surprise no one sees her. She hides amongst some bushes outside near the entrance; you can barely see her. You see her hand pop into the light and wave for you to come over.

You take off across the street as fast as you can. About halfway over one of the guards sees you. Of course they see you.

They alert their buddies and get ready to stop you. Before they do anything else, small flashes and pops come from where Brooklyn is standing as she mows them down.

You make it to the bushes with Brooklyn and she looks at you with disappointment.

You: What?

You say, slightly out of breath.

Brooklyn: You shouldn't have ran.

You: I don't think that would have affected the outcome.

Brooklyn: Too much movement.

You: Now you're pissing me off again, with your stupid comments.

Brooklyn: Bummer.

She walks over to the doors, as you catch your breath.

Brooklyn: Are you coming, or just going to stand there?

You: I'm coming... Shit.

You get on the door she isn't on, ready to burst in.

Brooklyn: Ready to have some fun?

You: I guess.

Brooklyn: Been a minute since we've fought a bunch of people just the two of us.

You: The community where I found Javier alive was the last time I think.

Brooklyn: Sure was. Remember that we have to watch each other's back or we die.