Haunted-14

You: Just looking for some help.

Unknown: You came to the wrong place.

You: Give me some food and water, and I'll repay you through work.

Unknown: What kind?

You: What do you need done?

Unknown: You have anyone else with you?

You: No.

He glances to the side of you.

Unknown: We're at war, with three other communities. Who are you with?

You: I have no idea what you're talking about.

The man studies you for a minute.

Unknown: What happened to your wrists?

You: Burnt them.

Unknown: How?

You: A fire.

Unknown: Don't be a smartass.

You see a reflection off to the right of you. It flashes twice. Time to wrap it up.

You: Fine... I'll go somewhere else.

Unknown: Wait...

You: Yes.

Unknown: Perhaps we can help.

You: Nah, you fucked it.

Unknown: Did we, or did you?

You: What?

Unknown: I'm sure you saw that reflection off to your right... We've been watching you all day. Just thought we'd have a little fun with the signal.

You hear a struggle behind you; you turn to meet it. Two men are dragging Gabe over. He's got a few cuts on his face. Two sets of hands wrap around your arms as you look; they grip you tight. You kick to your right, out of instinct, right into someone's knee. They fall to their good knee, grasping at their leg. You use your right leg again and turn to knee the other guy who has grabbed you. He lets go as you connect. You turn and punch the first guy in the back of the head. He falls to the ground. You reach over to the guy you kneed and pull a knife from its sheathe around his waist. You bring it up and sink it into the back of his neck, killing him almost instantly. As he begins to fall you rip it out and quickly bend down and stab the other in the temple.

------------------------

Unknown Male: Two of our best... Impressive.

Unknown Female: We are looking for another young one.

Unknown Male: He's definitely showing potential We can train him a little better.

Three others stand behind the two talking. Watching as you fight for your life in front of their gates. The Man turns and points to each of them as he speaks to them.

First, he points to a large, muscular man.

Unknown Male: Show him your strength.

The large man leaves. He points to another man. He's much smaller.

Unknown Male: Get your pets and feed his friend to them.

The next man leaves, a huge smile on his face. He points to a young girl.

Unknown Male: Make sure he lives.

The young girl leaves with a look of hate on her face.

------------------------

Unknown: Stop!

You slowly stand up and turn toward the man. He's holding pistol to your head. You raise your hands and drop the knife.