Ruin-11

Athena's POV...

I'm carrying Ares in my arms as I walk down the old highway. I check his pulse every once and a while. He's in bad shape, barely clinging to life. I have to hope that his friends can fix him.

I walk up to the factory and don't hear anything. I set Ares on the ground and knock on the gate... Nothing. I grab the side of the makeshift gate and pull it open. There's nobody inside.

I pick up Ares and walk in.

Me: Hello?

I wait a few seconds for a response. The place looks trashed. They left in a hurry.

Me: Fuck, they left. You're gonna have to hang in there a little longer buddy.

I set Ares on the ground again to look around. There has to be a clue to where they went somewhere. I search the outdoor section of the place and find nothing but trash. The next place to look would be inside the factory.

I step inside. It's dark, but I can still see. I walk around the machinery looking for anything out of the ordinary. I hear a footstep behind me and stop. Some is breathing behind me.

Me: You got a gun?

There's no response.

Me: I was just looking for the group that was last here. If you're part of them I need your help.

Unknown: Fuck you, I know who you are.

Me: Ares needs help.

Unknown: Who?

Me: His real name is Y/N.

Unknown: I don't believe you.

Me: We can go outside and see him.

The cool tip of a gun touches the back of my head.

Me: I could very easily disarm you before you could pull the trigger. Lower the gun.

They don't listen. I turn around and rip the gun out of there and in just one move. They stumble backwards a little. I take the gun and unload it.

Me: He's outside with a wound that needs to be properly treated.

Unknown: Fuck you!

They charge at me and I sidestep as they get close to me. They miss and slam into the machinery behind me. I back towards the door that goes outside.

Me: You need to listen to me.

Unknown: No, you're just trying to trick me.

I step outside as they approach me.

Me: Look, right there on the ground.

They step outside and see Ares laying on the ground with his uneven stub where his left arm used to be. I can make out her features now. She's a blonde-haired girl, wearing a cover over her right eye.

Unknown: The fuck did you do to him?!

Me: I kept him from dying. He got shot with a sniper rifle. Mangled his arm so bad I was afraid he was going to die. I ripped it off and cauterized it. He won't survive like this forever. Where your friends go?

Unknown: A town. Not too far from here.

Me: Let's get moving then.

I walk over and pick Ace back up.

Unknown: My names Violet.

Me: I'm Athena.

Violet: How long has he been like this?

Me: About an hour probably.

Violet: Shit.

There's a silence that takes over as we walk towards our destination.

Violet: What about that mask?

Me: We need to take it off.

Violet: Why haven't you yet.

Me: Need tools.

Violet: How do-

Me: Could we just not talk?

Violet: Fucking jerk.

------------------------

We're approaching the city and I can see some smoke rising above it.

Me: Let's hurry up.

We start to jog as we approach. Ares can't have long. He needs help. We round a corner and see a large group of people moving around and conversating. They all notice us eventually and watch as we approach. A few of them prepare to attack me, while some look worried to see Ares in my arms.

Javier: What happened?!

Me: He was shot with a sniper rifle.

Javier: Give him here.

I hand Ares over to him and he nods to some other people. They surround me.

Me: What the hell?!

Javier: Don't fight it. We can't trust you.

Me: I just brought him all the way here to save his life and this is how you treat me?!

Javier: He wouldn't be in this condition if you hadn't have taken him back.

He's not wrong.

Me: Fuck... Fine.

They tie my hands behind my back and lead me over to a pole. They tie me to it and leave me. I watch from a distance as a few people rush over to Ares. They eventually move him away from the others.

Athena: Please live.