Salvation-17

Some time earlier...

Brooklyn's POV...

Guard: Get up!

They're waking me up in the middle of the night again. This must be how it's going to be from now on. Fuck that shit.

Me: Yeah, yeah, fuck you.

I stand up and stretch. The guard hits their rifle against the bars of the cell.

Guard: Move!

Me: I'm stretching! Give me a fucking minute!

I move to the door and they open it. When I exit they smack me across the face.

Guard: That will teach you to talk back.

Me: You're so tough.

Guard: Just get walking. You know where to go.

I walk out of the building and towards the wall. During the long walk, I pass patrols. There are a lot out tonight. Why so many?

I get to the wall with the rest of the workers and the Guard pushes me forward. I stumble from the force of the push, before catching myself. The Guard laughs.

Me: Haha... Fucker.

I mumble under my breath to keep them from sticking around. I begin on the stuff I was doing last night.

Unknown Woman: Did you sleep well?

Me: Well enough.

Unknown Woman: I understand. You get used to it.

Me: I'm not going to get used to it.

Unknown Woman: You will.

Me: Sorry, let me rephrase. I won't be around to get used to it.

Unknown Woman: Quiet. Don't let them hear you.

Me: Bunch of fucking pussies. They couldn't do anything if they wanted to!

Guard: Hey! Shut up and get back to work!

Unknown Woman: You're lucky they didn't come over to chastise you.

Me: Fuck em.

She stops talking and eventually leaves my side to work on something else.

Guard 1: You hear what's happening tonight?

Guard 2: What do you mean, "Have I heard." Of course I have.

Guard 3: We might lose a lot of people.

Guard 2: Shaxx will be there, they'll be fine. He'll probably rip his other arm off and beat him with it.

Other arm. They're talking about Y/N.

Guard 1: I'm just glad we're not going to be there. I mean the dude took out a ton of those Olympians on his own, and then took down that scary looking guy.

Guard 3: Why are we killing him anyway?

Guard 2: Dude is dangerous, and unhinged. He'd probably turn on us in a heartbeat.

Guard 3: Let's hope that they kill him in his sleep.

Guard 1: Or catch him doin shit with his girlfriend. Then what's he gonna do?