Haunted-9

You enter the room. The windows are covered making it very dark within. You shut the door behind you and stand there for a minute; waiting for your eyes to adjust. Once they do you see Clementine sitting in the bed with her back resting on the headboard. It's a small room, holding only the queen-sized bed.

You walk over and sit on the foot of the bed with your back to Clementine. It's painfully quiet.

Clem: Do you understand why I'm mad?

You do, but you don't want to admit it. You stay silent.

Clem: I'm trying to help you... You're not letting me.

You: He endangered AJ's life and then wanted to see you. I didn't trust him.

Clem: So, you tried to punch him.

You: He punched me. I was just trying to show him he can't mess with me.

Clem: Thank you for helping AJ, but when he hit you, you didn't need to fight back.

You: Yes, I did.

Clem: You've lived most of your life, fighting. Your mind tells you to fight, when you don't need to.

You: He needs to know he can't push me around.

Clem: Did John?

You: What?

Clem: You went after him when you didn't need to. You almost got yourself killed, and brutally murdered them all.

You: He would still be out there if I didn't.

Clem: You can't know that.

You don't say anything.

Clem: You had a gun. It had bullets. You decided to beat them with it.

You: So? It got the job done.

Clem: It did, but at what cost?

You: What do you mean?

Clem: I don't know everything about you yet, but from what you told me you kill just to kill.

You: No, I don't... I kill because I have to.

You hear her sigh behind you.

Clem: You keep doing stuff like that, and eventually you'll lose your sanity.

You: I've been killing since I was nine. I'm fine.

Clem: This will get us nowhere. Just think about it. Killing isn't good for anyone, mentally. The weight becomes heavier and heavier the more you kill.

You: Then I just need to get stronger to hold it.

Clem: Hmph, or get an extra set of hands. But you pushed them out of way.

You're done with the conversation.

You: Good night Clem.

You get up and head for the door.

Clem: Where are you going?

You: To sleep.

Clem: AJ is sleeping on the couch.

You: Where am I sleeping then.

Clem: Right here.

You: Um... Why?

Clem: AJ wants his own place to sleep. Thinks he's too big to sleep with me.

You: Yeah alright.

You lay down on the side closest to the door. You roll on your side to face away from Clementine.

Clem: How are the others?