Twenty || J & J

|| J & J

"No, I haven't told her." Jacy had her phone pinched between her ear and her shoulder, a heavy blue bin in her hands. Her breath blew out cold she went down the staircase, stilling in her place. "I have to go. I'll see you when you get here."

As Jacy reached the first floor of the Dane home, she didn't see the window on the door freeze over as she put the box on the ground.

Jacy pocketed her cell and curiosly looked around. She padded down the hall, her bare feet cool on the wood floorboards. Her shoulders dropped in relief as she reached the kitchen. "It's just you."

Erica looked distraught, her temperature twenty below her normal. "What happened to him? What happened to Boyd?"

It had reached the three day mark and Jacy still hadn't gotten sick.

"He passed on, Erica." Jacy slowly went into the kitchen, her voice calm and soothing.

"No, he didn't." Erica shook her head, crying. "He wouldn't-"

Only when a spirit was really worked up could they cry. It was rare, and shouldn't happen. It was breaking a boundary that shouldn't be touched.

"That's the thing!" the blonde shouted, the flower vase on the island shattering. "Someone took him."

Jacy's lips parted in confusion, "Took him?"

"Yes, Jacy! Someone took Boyd!"

How does a ghost get kidnapped?

"Did you see anything?" The brunette eased fully into the kitchen, sitting on one of the barstools. She was careful not to touch any shards of glass or the thorns from the roses that were in it.

"I, just, I-" Erica whimpered, "I don't know what happened. I was with him, and he started bleeding from his chest like he had when he died. Then he was gone. He just vanished." She was breathing heavily and trying to contain her emotions, gripping the countertop for support. "I've been looking for him since it happened, but he's just...gone."

Jacy didn't want to think someone or something whas ghost-napping, but it made sense. She felt Boyd's death but didn't get the sickness she got when someone passed on. In what world it made sense, she didn't know, but it did all the same.

"How about you take a breather, E?" Jacy offered kindly. "I'll look into it, okay? I'll see what I can find out."

Erica let go of a heavy breath, calming herself. "Okay." She nodded apprehensively. "Do you think you can find him?"

"I know I'll do my best." She smiled reassuringly, waiting until the image of Erica blew away into nothingness.

There was a murderer on the loose, Stiles still hadn't woken up and now there's a spirit-napper to deal with.

Jacy walked over to the bin at the bottom of the stairs and brought it into the living room to get it out of the way.

The undecorated tree sat in the corner of the room, strung with lights but unlit.

Jacy blew a piece of hair from her face, her hands on her hips as she mumbled to herself.

"Merry Christmas to me."

| |

Jordan knocked on the door, peering in to see his sister on her floor surrounded by books. "Do you run a library or is it split personality disorder?"

It had been two hours since they last talked, but it felt like no time had passed.

"Unless you know about ghosts getting kidnapped, then you, Mr. Deputy, may not be in my room." She picked through a book the size of her backpack with focused eyes.