Fifty-Two || Bad Blood

|| Bad Blood

Stiles sped on his way to Deaton's clinic, Brett withering in pain from Garrett's poison. He wheeled in sharply, half out of uniform as he parked the car.

Derek pulled up only a moment later, helping Stiles pull Brett out of the Jeep.

"Help me," Stiles said in struggle as a shirtless Brett fought.

Derek and Stiles dragged the beta into the vet clinic, Deaton holding the door open.

"Get him on the table," the veterinarian directed before quickly going to his tools.

As Brett was hoisted onto the metal exam table, his mouh started to foam yellow as he shook.

Stiles tried to hold Brett, heavily pushing back against the werewolf strength. "What the hell is happening to this kid?"

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane," Deaton told them as he grabbed a scalpel. "I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible."

Still Brett, persisted on getting free.

"Hey Derek," Stiles said through a struggle, "how about a little werewolf strength?"

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength," Derek retorted as he tried to pin Brett.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him."

Brett spat up yellow, his eyes turning gold. He was panicking.

"I think he's slipping," Stiles said with a strained voice. "I don't think I can hold him."

Brett shoved them all away violently, leaping up from the table. Going for the door, a fist slammed across his face.

Jacy stood in the door frame with a fist up, her eyes searing purple. She lowered her hand, Brett nearly unconscious as she looked to Stiles. Blinking once, her eyes returned to brown. "Thought maybe you could use some extra werewolf strength." She glanced to Derek, seeing the cuts from Brett not healing on his arm.

Stiles finally looked to Brett, "Hey, Doc, I don't think he's breathing."

Deaton and Stiles kneeled next to Brett, Jacy going down with them.

Deaton slid the scalpel down Brett's sternum, the beta gasping as a cloud of yellow smoke released from his chest.

"Is he okay?" Stiles asked in concern.

"I think he'll be fine, but he'll probably be out for a while," Deaton replied.

Jacy looked up to Derek, his scratches sealing up in delay. They exchanged a brief glance before averting to Brett.

His lips moved, quiet words coming out.

"Guys, can you hear that?" Stiles asked. "I think he's saying something."

"The sun...the moon..."

Jacy furrowed her eyebrows, Deaton leaning over Brett. She could hear him clearly.

"The truth...the sun...the moon...truth."

"Three things cannot long be hidden," Deaton said. "The sun, the moon, and the truth."

"It's Buddhist," Jacy told them as she recognized it.

A name popped into Derek's head from his childhood, "Satomi."

"He must be in her pack," Jacy said. "She's an alpha, isn't she? There was a ghost last week that mentioned her name - he was a wolf before he was killed."