Seventy || House MD

|| House MD

     This was not a time when the hospital could be involved.

     Honestly, no one was really sure who should be involved.

     The Dane home was crowded, acting as an emergency room with only one doctor and one nurse.

     Olivia and Melissa stood in a private corner of Jacy's room. speaking quietly even though those present couldn't hear.

     Absolutely none of it made sense.

     Jacy and Allison laid next to each other on the king bed in Jacy's room, both unconscious. Their chests rose almost in sync, their composures near exact to the other.

     What made even less sense was that Scott hadn't shown up.

     Stiles and the sheriff waited in the living room downstairs, both unsure of what to do.

     The front door opened without a knock, Chris Argent's eyes tinging with a sense of the wild nature he kept below. "Where is she?"

     This, of course, wasn't a situation to tell him to wait.

     "She's upstairs," Stiles told him as he stood from the sofa. His leg had been bouncing all night, his anxiety through the roof. Knowing Chris didn't know the layout, he headed towards the stairs and led Argent to Jacy's room.

     Chris didn't hesitate when Stiles stepped aside, immediately going into the bedroom with a slightly frantic expression. "Where-" his words cut off as he found the bed. "Oh my god."

      In the clothes she died in, Allison rested calmly and very much alive.

     Neither Olivia or Melissa objected, allowing Chris to go up to his daughter.

     Argent's voice seemed to catch to his throat, overwhelmed as he took Allison's hand.

     Olivia wheeled over Jacy's desk chair, offering it to Chris so he could sit.

    Chris, remaining with Allison's hand in his, looked to the women. "What happened? How is this even possible?"

     Olivia hesitated before removing a necklace from her pocket and showing it to Chris. "Jacy was wearing this when Stiles found her."

     "Portail du Mort?"

     The room fell silent, all eyes going to Chris.

     "How did you know that?" asked Stiles sharply. He had wanted to leave them alone, but he couldn't.

     Argent looked from Allison to Dr. Dane, "I'm aware of my family's history, including when it merges with that of a clairvoyant's."

     Stiles and Melissa turned their attention to Olivia, unsure of what Chris had meant.

     Sheriff Stilinski suddenly appeared, Deputy Parrish with him. "He wanted to see Jacy," he defended as his deputy bypassed him into the room.

     Parrish went to Jacy's side, only then realizing Chris was touching the hand of Allison. "She's-" he turned towards his mother, seeing the necklace dangle. "She took it from my apartment."

     Olivia's eyebrows lifted, "Did you take this from Honey? This was in a locked box in her house since I was a child."

     "She asked me to hide it," Jordan replied.

     Stiles quickly looked between the two, "What does Argent mean?"

     "The Beast of Gevaudan," said Parrish as he brushed a wisp of hair from Jacy's face. "It was an ancestor of ours."