Nine || Igloos

|| Igloos

A week passed and Stiles still hadn't woken up from his coma.

Jacy had not only kept up her grades but had taught Stiles more tricks. He could open and close doors with ease, turn lights on and off and move anything moderately light.

Scott would talk to Jacy in school, constantly asking about Stiles, while Lydia and Kira still kept their distance. The kidnapping made them wary of talking to her without Scott around.

Stiles on the other hand was often talking, or up to something hellish at the school. He told Jacy about a lot of things, including how he and Scott first met.

Jacy listened to all of it and honestly enjoyed it. She'd be cooking or working or doing homework when Stiles would switch from telling about a horrible middle school teacher to nearly being killed in a pool by a homocidal lizard.

This way was better for Jacy; she got to hear about the crazy but didn't have to nearly die every day.

Then again, a day may come where she might have to do that.

||

"Do you think that there'll be something else coming to Beacon Hills?" Jacy asked, sitting on one of the two swings in the backyard. It was old and came with the house, but Jacy insisted on keeping it.

"What do you mean?" Although it looked like the empty swing next to her was moving from a breeze, Stiles was in it.

"The time gaps." Jacy was holding the chains at her sides and rested her chin on the right on while she looked at Stiles. "There's only so much time between bad things. The summer before the Alphas and Jennifer, a few weeks before the nogitsune. How long before something else?"

"Does the whole ghost situation not count?" Stiles, still in the same plaid shirt, jeans and nikes, swung just barely so the neighbors wouldn't freak out if they looked out their back window.

"But you're not bad and your wreck was an accident." Her breath made clouds, the puffs slipping through her lips. "I don't know if it counts."

"I think we're all okay for now, at least." Stiles furrowed his eyebrows as Jacy absently moved her gloved fingers on the metal. "You called her Jennifer." He caught her attention. "I never told you what her name was, other than the Darach."

"I didn't get my information from you, not all of it." Jacy's hair was tamed by being pulled back, her ears bright red and numb from the cold. "This town had a lot of casualities, not just of people caught in the crossfire that didn't know anything."

"I hate that I have to ask, but more than a few supernaturals have died." Stiles hadn't questioned it before, "Who talks to you?"

"Well, there's a few who do. I've gotten a couple of different perspectives in alliances and why they were made." Jacy had on a scarf that covered what her jacket didn't, her necklace hanging over so it was in view. She'd had it on the entire time Stiles had known her. "You sit with Scott at lunch so you can hear whatever they say, but you know where I sit, right?"

"Well, yeah. It's Boyd's table- oh, oh," Stiles came to a realization. "You sit with Boyd everyday?"

"And Erica." Jacy smiled. "They talk to me at lunch but they also hold hands. It's really sweet."

"Who else talks to you?" Stiles hated that they were both dead, but he was happy they were together again.

"A hero," she said. "Someone really amazing."