Five || Lydia's Suspicion

|| Lydia's Suspicion

     "I think you're Mr. Yukimura's best student," Stiles said, absently flicking people around who couldn't see him. "He loves you."

     Jacy laughed to what seemed only herself, rifling through her locker, another day of school behind them.

     "Jacy?" Approaching hesitantly was the true alpha of Beacon Hills. "It's Jacy, right?"

     Jacy glanced over as she put her forensic science textbook into the confines of her locker. "Yeah, that's me."

     For someone who knew there was a werewolf in front of her, she didn't look remotely scared.

     "Hi, I'm Scott...McCall."

     "Aw," Stiles cooed from next to Jacy, "he's adorable."

     Jacy shook Scott's hand, "You're the one coming over for dinner," she said, letting go after a moment.

     "Yeah, that's actually why I came to talk to you," Scott said, holding on to the straps of his backpack.

     "Oh, crap," Stiles suddenly said. "Our last cross country meet is today."

     Jacy ignored him, focusing on Scott, who'd never spoken to her before this.

     "My mom has her rounds on a different floor today and won't see your's, so she asked me to go to you," Scott said to justify his appearance. "She wanted to know if she needed to bring anything for dinner - like a dessert or something."

     "Uh," Jacy honestly hadn't thought that far. "A dessert would work, but if you can't, that's perfectly fine."

     Scott nodded with a friendly smile. "Great. Well, uh, I'll see you later then." He moved away, turning to get to the locker room.

     "Did you figure out what to make yet?" Stiles asked, shutting Jacy's locker with a triumphant smile on his lips.

     With the hallway clear of people in earshot, Jacy slung her backpack over her shoulder. "I have a rough idea."

     "Dog jokes." Stiles grinned, "I thought you were above that."

     Jacy rolled her eyes, "I didn't mean it like that," she said, supressing a laugh as she fished out her car keys. She rose an eyebrow at him just standing there with his hands in his pockets. "Go on."

     "What?"

     "Go. The meet. Support Scott," Jacy said, practically reading his mind. "I'm only going to the store and making dinner. You won't miss anything, I promise." Her phone rang and she waited until telling Stiles goodbye before pulling it out of her pocket.

     Stiles started to go towards the field, able to hear Jacy say 'Hey Jordan' before going out the double doors.

     "Wait, whose house?"

     Stiles turned the corner, seeing Kira and Lydia talking by the kitsune's locker.

     "A girl named Jacy. She moved here-"

     "Oh, I know her. Well, sort of. My dad hasn't shut up about the papers she turns in for class," Kira said. "Apparently, she's brilliant."

     "She is. We have Ap Bio with her, but that's not the point." Lydia pushed a small curl of strawberry blonde loose from her halo of hair. She was oblivious to Stiles' presence in the corridor. "I know that I show up places for a reason, so there has to be some reason why I was there."