Thirteen || A Little Upset

|| A Little Upset

     The Sheriff Station bustled with life in the early morning hours, cases thrown about and officers pawing for any caffeine they could get their hands on.

"How's the case?" Jack asked as she waved to Haigh with two fingers, weaving through the cluster of deputy desks. Balancing a coffee in each hand, she stopped at Parrish's before offering one out.

Jordan eyed the maroon cups. "Is that Stella's?"

"Absolutely," Jacy said with a smile, handing off one of the two.

"You're the best." Jordan stood up, kissing Jacy's cheek as he went to the fax machine. "Thank you so much."

"I know the station's stuff isn't best and I had time before school." Jacy took Jordan's chair, glancing over the papers laid out.

"How do you have time in the morning before school?" Jordan asked as he looked over his shoulder to Jacy, pulling documents from the machine.

"Not everyone waits until 5 minutes before school starts to wake up." Jacy grinned when Parrish shot her a look. "I just like being awake. Plus, Stella's does coffee deals before eight."

"I see why you bought me coffee." Jordan grabbed Jacy's hand, pulling her up from his chair and taking his spot back.

"Cheap date, huh, Parrish?" Deputy Haigh mused, laughing with Jacy.

"You have no idea," Jacy teased, sipping on straight black coffee.

"I can make you leave, you know," Jordan warned, pulling up a picture on his computer but quickly minimizing it.

"What was that?" Jacy furrowed her eyebrows, only catching a glimpse of blue. "Jordan?"

"Jacy, leave it alone."

"Jordan." Jacy's expression fell. "What are you not showing me?" She pushed his hand out of the way, taking the mouse and bringing up what he'd hidden.

It was a picture of Stiles' wrecked Jeep.

He shouldn't have survived in a crash that twisted his car like that.

"Investigating?" Jacy couldn't take her eyes off of the blue hunk of metal. It didn't look that bad when she found him, but it was dark. "It was an accident, wasn't it?"

"It's the Sheriff's son, J. He wants us to look more into it," Jordan assured. "It's nothing, okay? We're just going to check out the scene and then the Jeep."

"You know Stilinski's kid, Jacy?" Haigh asked, leaning back in his chair.

"Sort of." Jacy glanced to Haigh and then back to Jordan. "Just an inspection?"

"That's all." Parrish nodded. "I'll tell you if Haigh or I find something."

Jacy thoughtfully took a drink, still looking at the Jeep. "I, uh, I have to go to school."

"Need a ride?" Jordan set down his coffee, angling his chair towards her.

"I have my car, I'm fine." Jacy brushed Jordan's shoulder. "See you later."

"Dinner next week, right?" Parrish asked as he absently tapped his pen on the edge of his desk.

Jacy agreed with a nod, "Of course, yeah." She waved, "Later, Haigh."

Deputy Haigh lifted his hand. "Bye Jacy."

Jacy furrowed her eyebrows as she left the police station, confusion lined in every feature.