Sixty-Five || New Element

|| New Element

Jacy rested her head against the wall in her shower, warm water running off the stench of gasoline. With closed eyes, she slowly breathed in the steam and forced a calm over her.

She was glad she was out when Derek and Braeden arrived; she was glad she couldn't fight the assailants.

Jacy clenched a hand against the tile, her claws trying to surface.

"Jacy?"

A pair of purple eyes flickered open, the glowing ring slowly fading. "Al?"

"Yeah, it's me," the spirit said from behind the other side of the fogged shower glass. "Are you all right?"

"Depends on what you consider all right," replied Jacy as the water still ran over her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Allison questioned. She received no response, only hearing the shower squeak off.

One hand reached out from the glass, taking a purple towel from the rack next to her. Jacy surfaced a moment later, wrapped in the fluffy fabric. "I'd prefer not to."

Allison left the bathroom, not pushing Jacy as she let her get changed. She sat down on Jacy's bed, waiting patiently.

Jacy surfaced in a pair of joggers and a zip up red hoodie over a tank. Her hair was a ruffled wave of damp, still managing to look good. She, distracted as ever, picked up her phone and lowered the volume on her wireless speakers. Messages from Stiles and Jordan clang in her galaxy.

"Jacy-"

"Allison, please," Jacy practically begged as she looked up from her phone, mid message with a stubborn Stiles. "I don't want to talk about it. I don't - I don't want to talk about how I can't breathe without being afraid that I'm going to be murdered."

"It's something else," Allison said rather defiantly as she stood. "I know you, Jacy. I know how you feel about things, so don't lie to me."

Jacy held eye contact with Allison, "Fine. So I can't pretend to be worried about that."

"But there is something, isn't there?"

Hesitating, Jacy flexed her palm and absently held her phone in the other. "I don't...I don't want to turn into a monster."

Allison looked shocked, "Jacy, you could never be a monster."

"Well, with everything that's happened lately, the world seems to beg to differ."

"Hey, you can't do that to yourself," Allison nearly snapped. "I've seen monsters, Jacy. You're not even close."

"I just don't want to hurt anyone else." Jacy sat on the edge of her dresser, putting on a pair of converse. The sun hadn't quite risen and Jacy hadn't slept yet, but she still had things to do.

"J, where are you going?" asked Allison with a sigh. She was willing to let the prior conversation drop, able to tell how fed up Jacy was getting. "What could you possibly need to do at two in the morning?"

"I'm gonna go see my brother, because apparently it's the week for the Parrish kids to kill people. His was just much more justified than mine." Jacy got off her dresser, pulling on a navy utility jacket over the red hoodie she had on that belonged to Stiles. "Then, I'm gonna go see Stiles because I made him go to the hospital after Brunski nearly killed him."

Allison seemed a little surprised, "But you hate the hospital."

Jacy picked up her keys, looking over to Allison. "But I love Stiles."