Eleven || Emelia

|| Emelia

Stiles sat cross legged in his hospital room, his eyes never moving from the mangled real body of himself.

He hadn't thought about his physical recovery until now. There were a dozen wounds more serious than scratches.

"We can do this," Stiles softly said, thinking about what his mom had told him yesterday.

The door opened like it did at ten everday, Doctor Dane coming into the room. She had the same clipboard as she always did. He guessed there was something about how long he'll stay in the coma before his brain goes dead.

Stiles was in the chair by the window, simply watching Jacy's mom do her job.

"Um," Olivia glanced around, "Stiles I don't know if you're here, but I know how spirits make the temperature drop. So if you are, I have to tell you something about her." Doctor Dane clicked the pen in her hand absently twice. "I don't get to know a lot about what Jacy sees, but what I do know is that, well, there was one other coma patient she took to."

"But she sai-"

"The girl's name was Emelia, and from what I understand, she was a drifter like you." Olivia didn't have the family power, so she wasn't quite sure where to look. "I thought she was emotionally attached, but you really take the cake, Stiles." She drew in a deep breath and let it out. "All I'm trying to say is to do your best at getting back into your body. If you slip, it'll kill her."

Stiles' mouth hung agape as Doctor Dane left the room.

Emelia

||

Jacy had a seven string electric guitar in front of her, only three of the strings properly done in.

The shop was empty, excluding Jacy and Darren, who was back in his office. The alternative station feeding in from Santa Fe was playing in the store, personally selected by Jacy to help her concentrate.

Sundays were always the slowest, so Jacy could repair the instruments out in the front on the counter instead of the stuffy room in back.

Jacy tightened the fourth string, cutting off the excess with a pair of wire cutters. Shifting her hair when she tilted her head, she plucked the untuned string until the sound began to level out.

"You've got good ears."

Jacy smiled, looking up when she got the string tuned perfectly. "That's a compliment coming from you." She let her hair fall down her back as she straightened her neck, eyes falling on Allison.

The huntress grinned, "You're an odd combination, if you ask me."

"And what combination is that Allison?" Jacy could see the hole through the dress she was wearing, a rip the length of a katana, but she chose to ignore it.

Allison flipped through a row of records, moving them like they were nothing. "Jacy: Ghost Whisperer slash Music Man.

Jacy laughed, starting on the fifth string. "Not much better than Hunter slash Werewolf Lover."

The ghost chuckled, picking out a Lady Gaga vinyl. "Easy now, J."

"Want me to put that on for you?" Jacy asked, plucking the string and tuning it with ease.

"I've got it." She took the record to the in-house player slipping the large disc out of its envelope. "So, how's Stiles?"

"I haven't seen him since I took him to Claudia," Jacy turned off the radio so the record player could be heard, "but he hasn't dropped medically so he was strong enough to bust the veil." She hesitated, "But Claudia moved on last night before I left Jordan at work."