Six || Detonation

|| Detonation

     "Grab the door, Jacy!" Doctor Dane called from the kitchen, prepping the serving dishes.

     Jacy went down the hall at a pace impressive in heels and opened the front door with a friendly smile that she pulled out of nowhere. "Hi Nurse McCall, Scott."

     "Jacy, you look great," the nurse said, giving Jacy a hug. "And please, call me Melissa."

     "Thank you, Melissa." Jacy pointed down the hall, taking her coat from her. "My mom is in the kitchen." She hung it with the others as she was left with Scott and Stiles, who was making his way down the stairs.

     Scott held a nice smile, holding a cake plate as he attempted not to be awkward. "Hey Jacy."

     Stiles laughed at look on Scott's face, shaking his head.

     Jacy shut the door, welcoming him in when he stood a bit uncomfortably.

     "So, we decided on a chocolate cake," Scott told Jacy, a flash of worry suddenly crossing his face. "You're not allergic, are you? Crap, I should've asked-"

     "Scott," Jacy grinned lightly, "it's great. You're good," she assured, taking the dish before they walked down the hall together.

     "He worries too much," Stiles said to Jacy, strolling behind them with his hands in his pockets.

     "Scott, Olivia just told me that Stiles' activity hasn't dropped at all," Melissa said when the teens entered the kitchen.

     "That's really good for coma patients," Jacy told Scott, parting to go up to the island and set down the cake. Only Stiles saw her look at her wrapped up hand with subtle pain in her features.

     "So, you think he'll wake up?" Scott asked, taking the seat next to his mom while his focus was on Doctor Dane.

     "Are you okay, Jace?"

     Jacy barely glanced over to Stiles, silently confirming his suspicion.

     "We're hopeful," Olivia replied, putting the salad on the table with the lasagna. "He's in good hands."

     Doctor Dane didn't mean the hospital's, she meant Jacy's.

     Jacy brought drinks for the four of them before taking the seat across from Scott and next to her mom.

     It took a while for Scott or Jacy to say much, but their moms were oblivious. Olivia and Melissa gossiped about the hospital and the kids wondered if it was legal for them to talk about it around them.

     And then like Jacy warned Stiles the day before, the bomb blew up.

     "So, Jacy, how did you meet Stiles?" Melissa asked, causing both Olivia and Scott to still.

     "Oh, shit." Stiles, occupying the end seat of the table between Scott and Jacy, covered his mouth.

     "You know Stiles?" Scott quickly looked up from his plate, his phone clearly in his lap.

     "Jacy?" Olivia rose an eyebrow at her daughter. "I thought you only called in his accident."

     "You called in the wreck?" Scott's mouth fell open, but his questioned was rolled over by his mother.

     "She told me that they were together." Melissa's voice wavered, wondering if she should've kept her mouth shut.

     "Stiles never told me he had a girlfriend." Scott sounded a little hurt, his eyebrows coming together.