Thirty-Eight || Family Matters

|| Family Matters

"This is wrong." Jacy, although not minding sitting in the designated trunk of the Jeep, kept looking at the teenager unconcious across Kira and Lydia.

Although they'd hidden him in the back to get through the border, Jacy switched with him so they could keep an eye on him.

"You're telling me," Scott said, turned in the passenger's seat, his eyes flickering from Derek to Jacy.

"We're almost to Deaton's," Stiles said, those three the only ones awake.

From the moment they got teenage Derek, they'd been driving all the way back to Northern California.

And the entire time, Derek didn't wake up.

The Jeep raced past the Beacon Hills town sign, taking a few turns before making it to the vet clinic.

Luckily they called Deaton before hand so he was there waiting for them.

Lydia's eyes flickered open as the Jeep came to a stop, rain pounding the top of the car. She went to wake Kira, but Scott told her to just let her sleep.

Jacy climbed out of the trunk as Scott pulled Derek out and hoisted him over his shoulder. She met up with Lydia and Stiles at the backdoor of the lit building, making sure it was open for Scott to get through.

Deaton cleared off his exam table in a rush the moment he saw them, giving them a place to lay Derek down. He looked at the young figure wrapped in a blanket, his thoughts a little unsettled. "Wow."

"Wow?" Stiles asked. "Wow as in i've seen this before and know exactly what to do kind of wow? Because that's the kind of wow we're hoping for."

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

Lydia put her hand in Derek's, "He's cold." She looked up. "Really cold."

Jacy looked over her shoulder towards the door, "My mom's here to take me to Jordan," she said, taking a last look at Derek. "Tell me if anything happens." On her way out, she heard Scott ask Deaton if it was permanent, but the door to the clinic closed before she could get an answer.

Olivia got out of her silver car, shielding her eyes from the rain. "Where's your stuff?"

Jacy wordlessly went to the back of the Jeep, taking out her dufflebag and making sure not to wake Kira. Getting into her mom's car, she was soaked in rain and filled with worry.

"Stressful camping trip?" Olivia asked, backing out of the clinic.

"You could say that," Jacy said, happy she changed from her bloody shirt but now was stuck yet again in a clothes problem.

"Who's hoodie is that?"

"Oh," Jacy glanced down, the cyclones logo on a maroon hoodie, "it's Stiles' lacrosse hoodie." She narrowed her eyes at her mom. "Why are you smiling? Stop it! You're making it weird."

"I'm not making it weird. I'm just happy for my daughter and her first real boyfriend."

Jacy covered her face, groaning. "Mom."

"Oh, come on." Olivia grinned, laughing as she drove them to the private doctor's parking lot. "And don't forget, dinner tomorrow - well, technically tonight - with our new doctor."

"Dunbar, right?" Jacy recovered from her embarrassment. "How'd you explain my miraculous healing?"

"Confusingly. Sort of in a quick way that didn't make a whole lot of sense. The report looks solid so he took it, but he also said he's happy he'll meet you while you're well and not in so much pain."