Sixty-Two || Liam, Please

|| Liam, Please

"Was it really necessary?"

Jacy flexed her fingers as she stood with her brother in private across the loft, the tips where her claws had been still tingling. "You'd been through so much, J. I just, with you not seeming to be tied to the supernatural..." She looked up to her brother, her arms crossed over her chest. "I just wanted to keep you safe."

Jordan reached out, pulling Jacy into a hug. "I know," he softly said as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Let's, uh, let's try to figure the rest of this out," Jacy told him as she let go. "The hitlist we showed you, it's called a deadpool." She walked him back over to Scott, Lydia and Derek. "All of those people on it are supernaturals."

"Including all of us in this room," added Lydia.

"I'm not clairvoyant, but I'm still on the list. I don't even know what I am," said Jordan as he sat on the blue couch.

Derek held back a laugh, "I'm pretty sure they don't care."

Jordan looked to Derek, "How many professional assassins are we talking about?"

Lydia was pacing a little, "We're starting to lose count."

An idea struck Scott as he sat on the arm of the couch by Jordan. "But is it still just professionals?"

Jordan thought back, "I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance."

Jacy's eyebrows lifted, "I think anyone with the deadpool can take a chance."

Looking to his sister, Jordan was trying to put the pieces together. "But if Haigh had it, then who else does? How easy is it to get this thing now?"

And quite frankly, it seemed pretty damn easy.

||

Liam stared up at his ceiling, wrapped up in his comforter with an inability to fall asleep. Blue eyes took in the detailing of the space above him, a hand behind him absently toying at his hair.

He hated that he couldn't sleep, but it felt like there was nothing he could do about it.

Frustrated, he rolled over onto his side and pulled up his covers. Propping an arm underneath him, he finally closed his eyes.

But as the printer whirred across the room, they tore open.

Liam slowly shifted over, seeing pages slip out from the printer. He pulled free his legs from the covers, climbing out of his bed with a nervous tick. Slowly, he walked over to the pile of papers below the printer. Reaching for a paper, he flipped it over only to find his heart start to race.

It was the deadpool; revised.

Liam checked the others, seeing names crossed out of those who've been taken out.

Still, the papers came.

The beta started hitting the off button, tapping it with no result. Trying not to panic, Liam reached around the printer and yanked out the power cord from the wall.

However, the printer whirred back to life and the temperature of the room seemed to drop.

Liam stumbled back with the power cord in hand, his hearts thrumming in his chest.

"Liam."

To Liam, the only noise was the slips of papers tumbling from the printer.