Chapter 5.

*Eva*

I looked down at my schedule with a curse.

1. Homeroom

2. English

3. Calculus

4. Dance

Lunch

5. Government

6. Free period

7. Physics

8. Gym

"Ugh," I mumbled, stomping my foot. I know I was acting like a child, but I couldn't help it. I started heading to my first class, already dreading seeing Aiken again so soon. I could live life happily,  without ever having to face him again. He just got on my nerves so much. It pissed me off even more that he looked like a Greek God. How can someone look so perfect and be so evil. Hearing the first bell ring, I picked up the pace. Didn't want be late to my first class.

Entering the room, Mrs. Smith greeted me, then started writing on the chalk board again. Homeroom class was only available for seniors who had most or all their credits to graduate. It was meant to be a down time period, or so I thought, reading what Mrs. Smith just finished writing.

"Class, attention please! Please finishing taking your seats so I can explain what is going on this year in everyones homeroom classes," I groaned as the chair beside mine scratched against the floor. I was hoping no one would sit by me. Turning to my left, I wanted to poke my eyes out. "No! Actually, Hell No!"  I whispered- yelled to the intruder.

"Sorry Barbie, all the other seats are taken. Looks like your stuck with me for the year." He stated, while menacingly rubbing his hands together.

"Eva, Aiken, if you are done speaking, I would like to continue on what I was saying."

Sliding down in my chair, I waited for the bomb to drop.

"Now, this year, things are going to be a little different," Mrs.  Smith started, "This class will still be used for down time and/or completing unfinished homework, but there will be a twist. As written on the board (Partners) I will be assigning everyone, one partner. At the end of the semester, there will be a test. Well, more like a presentation. You will have to spend time with your partner and learn things about them. Sit beside them during class, help with homework, and ask each other questions. This assignment is non negotiable.  It counts for 60% of your grade. If you don't do it. You will fail, and not be able to graduate." I sunk lower thinking that this couldn't get any worse.

"But that is not all", she continued,  "You will also have to see each other out of school too."

Damn it, I thought to soon. This is going to get very difficult for me. Having partner work has always been hard. No one is allowed at my house, and I have to have a note, signed by the teacher about partner work. Most of the time, I barely pass them because I couldn't get away from home enough to do all the work together, so I always brought my partner down. And then, when I get a not so good grade, my parents are not so happy about it. But from what I'm getting from this assignment,  is that it's not a paper project. Just getting to know someone and talk about them in front of the class. Shouldn't have to spend too much time with them to get that done, right?

"Eva, are you even paying attention?" Mrs. Smith scolded.

"Im sorry, what did you say?"

"Well, if you would of been listening. I said that you have to go to both of each others house. One week you would go to theirs and then the next week they would come to yours, for at least an hour. I am about the pass out the papers with all the imformation and time sheet for your parents to sign.  I also already let everyone know their partners"

Uh oh. This is bad, real bad. Even with that paper. They are not going to be happy that someone has to come over.

"Okay, Mrs. Smith. I'm sorry again, but who was my partner?"

I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Looks like this is gunna be a lot more fun then I thought, partner!" Aiken said with a smirk.

"Oh no, no, no. Mrs. Smith,  I'll do anything. Just please, please, change my partner!!" I begged.

"Sorry, Ms. Brant. It's set in stone, project starts now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Aiken*

I smirked,  as Eva looked at me with murder in her eyes.

"So partner, when will I be going to your house?"

"I don't know, Aiken. Okay? I don't like you being my partner at all, better yet, you going to my house. Lets just go to your house this week and we can do mine, next week, alright?"

I raised my eyebrow at her, wondering what was going on in that perfect little head of hers. I don't think she noticed, but she actually called me by my real name. That never happens. Its always jackass, asshole, egostitical jerk, or something along those lines. I decided to let it go though. Don't ask me why. I just did.

"Alright Barbie.  We will do it your way. You can come over Friday after school. And then next Friday, I'll come to your house."

Eva breathed a sigh of relief, just as the bell rang. I watched as she hopped out of her chair, basically running out of class.

What was up with her today. Whatever, not my problem.

The rest of the day went pretty fast, surprisingly. I sat with some of my friends at lunch and joked with them. I didn't see Eva again, until walking into gym class, she was standing in the middle of the gym, talking to a group of her friends. Stopping in my tracks, I couldn't help but take everything in. Yeah, she's a bitch. But damn, she's hot. Wearing a lime green shirt, that hugged her chest, letting everyone see she had a nice rack. A pair of black yoga pants, molded to her ass. Making it look just the right size for my hand, and a pair of black tennis shoes. Looking up at her face, those green eyes were glaring daggers at me. Guess I had been caught. Shugging, while sending a smirk her way, I sauntered into the locker room to get changed.

Walking back into the gym, the coach yelled that today we would be doing laps, so I took off. Seeing an opportunity I just couldnt pass up, I went from a jog to a sprint. Positioning myself just right, I moved my foot a little to the left and watched as Eva tumbled to the ground.

"You son of a bitch!" She yelled while getting back on her feet.

"Sorry Barbie,  I just couldn't resist. I don't play fair. You should probably keep one eye open when you sleep from now on. Never know when I'm gunna do something. "

Walking away from me, she mumbled something that sounded a lot like, "I already do."