[|Pregnant?|]

You rushed out of bed, sprinting for the bathroom once again to be sick. If you were counting, this would be about the 4th time tonight. Mark stumbled in behind you, still slightly asleep but here to support you either way. 

His hand grabbed your hair while the other rubbed up and down your back. "Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?" He questioned groggily. You shook your head at him and moved your head away from the toilet. 

You pushed your back against the wall as Mark let go of your hair, sitting in front of you. "Go back to bed baby. I know you're tired." You spoke, pointing towards the bed. He shook his head at you and rubbed his eyes. 

"No." He mumbled, shuffling closer to you. He picked up your hands and looked at you. "You're not feeling well so I'm here as your supportive boyfriend, making sure you don't feel lonely." Your heart softened at the sweet comment and you smiled towards him. 

"I would kiss you right now but I don't want you feeling sick as well..." You spoke, chuckling slightly. He let out a breathy chuckle and leaned forward, pressing his lips to your forehead. "That's okay babe." He sat back down and smiled gently at you. 

You let out a breath and felt like your stomach had finally settled. You stood from your spot, slowly followed by the still sleepy Mark.

You moved to the sink ushering Mark to go back to bed. He finally caved and left the bathroom to go lay in bed. You brushed your teeth and had a drink of water along with it, making sure you weren't going to be sick again. 

You sighed and shuffled back to bed, laying down next to Mark.

The morning

You awoke feeling slightly nauseous, the bed beside you empty. You turned to the side, pushing your feet off of the side of the bed. You picked up your phone, looking at the time realising it was nearly 1 in the afternoon. 

You had clocked there was no dog in the house and knew Mark had taken Chica for a walk, this usually being the time you walked her together. That was something you loved doing with Mark, taking walks and being able to enjoy each others company. 

You picked your phone up and swiped it open, pressing the contacts button and dialling a number. You shuffled off the bed, trying to not bug your stomach and began to get dressed as the phone rang. 

Finally the ringing stopped and your mother spoke on the other end. "Hello sweetheart." She chimed, hearing the smile in her tone. "Hi mum. How are you?" You asked, pulling your shirt over your head. 

"I'm doing well. How are you sweetheart? It's been a little while since we last spoke." She replied, small sounds of shuffling bouncing through the phone. You let out a soft chuckle and began to make your way down the stairs, pulling your jacket over your arms. "That's good to hear." You picked up your keys and made your way out the door.

"What are you up to?" She asked, wondering about the everyday things. "Oh I was just popping down the local shop to pick up a few things." She hummed at your response, waiting for you to continue. "Anyway mum, I called you to ask of some symptoms I've been having lately." You uttered, hearing her hum once more.

"Are you feeling ill?" She asked, worried for your health and wondering if she should see you. You finally made it to the local shop and entered the doors, heading straight to the healthcare section. "Yeah slightly. I've been having a lot of illness and mainly being sick lately. And also I've been struggling to eat certain foods. Do you think I have any serious illness?" You spoke, already having an idea of what it might be.

She paused for a minute before letting out a loud gasp. "OH MY GOD!!! YOU'RE PREGNANT!!" She yelled, causing you to pull the phone away from your ear. "I can't be." You responded, picking up a pregnancy test from the shelf. 

"You sure are Sweetheart. I had the exact same thing when I first got pregnant with you." She replied, excitement building in her voice. You let out a soft sigh and paused. You made your way to the counter, paying for the item before making your way back home. 

"I dunno mum. What if it's just an illness?" You replied after your long pause. "Well whatever the outcome, I'll support you either way." Your mother spoke, a sense of comfort hidden in her voice. You nodded and let out a shaky breath.

"What would we do if I was?" You asked, worrying of the little things. She let out a soft chuckle, "You know it's going to be okay sweetheart. You know I'll always be here to support you. If you do end up being pregnant I will help you every step of the way. There's no need to panic." She reassured. 

You nodded your head and let out a sigh. "Okay. Thank mum. I'll let you know once I've done a test. I love you." You spoke, finally reaching your home. "I love you too sweetheart." She replied. The beep echoed through your ear as you pushed open the door. 

You pulled the phone away from your ear and slammed the door behind you, rushing your coat and shoes off. You raced your way upstairs as quickly as you could, wanting to get it over and done with. 

After taking the test

You paced around your bathroom waiting anxiously for the result. You stopped for a moment, contemplating the fact you could be pregnant. You had never actually thought about the idea of having kids with Mark. 

Springing you back to reality, your timer went off. You took a deep breath before approaching the counter where the test was sitting. Your lifted your shaky hand towards the test before grabbing a hold of it. 

"1....2...." You spoke, a shakiness emanating from your voice. "....3!" You continued, flipping the test over. You pulled it closer to your face, studying the markings. You gasped seeing 2 dark lines. 

Tears began to drop from your eyes as the reality hit you. "I'm pregnant!" You spoke, placing a hand over your mouth. You dropped the test on the counter and pulled your other hand to your mouth. 

After a few more seconds, you pulled your hands away and grabbed the test once more. "I'm pregnant!" You exclaimed once more. You placed the test back down and dried your eyes and cheeks from the flow of tears.

"You're pregnant?" Mark spoke, his face popping round the wall of the bathroom. You jumped in shock as you looked towards his face. He walked into the bathroom, shock written all over his face. 

"I'm gonna be a dad?" He questioned once more, tears beginning to brim in his eyes. He shuffled closer to you as you began to cry even more. "When did you get back?" You mumbled, pulling him into a hug. 

You had realised that in all your nervousness you didn't hear the door open and Mark walk into the house. "I literally just got back but I got worried as I couldn't see you downstairs so I came looking for you." He sniffled, pulling you closer to him. 

You pulled your head away and looked at him. He kissed you gently before placing his forehead on yours. "I was thinking if I was pregnant I would surprise you but...surprise!" You spoke, chuckling slightly. 

He chuckled in response before pulling his head away. "We're gonna have a kid!" He spoke, looking into yours eyes. More tears flew down your face as you thought of the dad he would be. "We're gonna be parents." You mumbled once again.