[|Are you okay?|]

Today was like any other day. Getting up early, ready to start another productive day. Luckily, you worked from home but in your case that didn't help. You loved what you did but ever since covid came along, you'd been thinking differently about the everyday tasks you used to love. 

Your mental health had been struck pretty hard by the pandemic and it didn't help that you sat at a desk all day. 

You sighed heavily and pulled open your laptop. The feelings you felt weren't great and today wasn't one of your best days. In fact, this is the worst you felt in a little while. You hid under what you thought was a smile and tried your best to carry on. 

You always had this thought that if you were to tell anyone about how much you were struggling, they'd see the worse in the situation or they wouldn't be able to handle it. And for the people that actually cared, you didn't want to have to burden with all of your struggles. 

"Good morning baby." A low voice spoke, gently kissing the side of your head. You smiled softly and continued setting up for the day. "I'm gonna grab some coffee and then head to work." He said, moving out of the room. You nodded at him, watching him walk out the door.

"I'll see you later." He spoke, moving back into the room to kiss you gently. "I love you." He whispered, pulling away from you. "I love you too." You replied, looking at him. He walked out the room once again and left for work. 

Your smile dropped seeing he had finally left. You looked down at your computer screen and spotted 5 orders to catch up on. "Great..." You mumbled, already feeling the urge to cry. You took a deep breath in before beginning to work. 

It was hard enough to get out of bed in the morning, let alone continue to work alongside it. You shook your head gently, trying to get rid of any thoughts and began the long day ahead of you. 

Time skip

It had been around a couple of hours and you were already struggling. You knew it was a lot to do today, but hadn't realised exactly how much. You stopped yourself and placed your pen down. Moving your hands up to your face, feeling yourself begin to cry. 

Chica rushed towards you, placing herself beside you and resting her head on your thigh. You looked towards her and gently pet her 8head. "I wish I could be as happy as you Chica." You muttered, placing your hand under her chin. 

She pushed herself up and whined at you. She placed her head on your chest, wanting to hug you. You wrapped your arms around her and pulled her close. Taking a few deep breaths in, you felt yourself begin to calm down. 

You pulled yourself away from her and wiped your tears away. "Thank you Chica." You mumbled, kissing her gently. In response, she licked the side of your face, a soft smile appearing on her lips seeing that you had stopped crying. 

You took final deep breath in as Chica got down and laid beside you feet, hugging your leg close to her. 

Mark gets home

The door opened, revealing Mark. Chica didn't move a muscle, not wanting to leave your side in fear something would happen. You smiled weakly before seeing Mark appear in the door. "There she is." He exclaimed, crouching down to fuss her. 

She got up slightly but barely moved away from you. A look of confusion flooded over Mark's face as he looked up towards you. "Are you alright love?" He questioned. You looked towards him and felt the tears begin to build. 

"I'm fine." You croaked, not realising your face was stating the obvious fact that you really weren't. You were in fact breaking into tiny pieces, trying to hold yourself together the best you could. "Love, I can see you aren't. Please tell me what's going on." He spoke, resting a hand on your arm. 

You turned away from him, your eyes telling him more than he should know. You couldn't hold in anymore and the gates flooded as tears began to flowing down your face. "I'm not okay." You mumbled, tears taking over your thoughts. Mark pushed closer to you and pulled you close to him. 

"Well whatever it is, I will always be here to support you. You can tell me when you're ready." He spoke gently, comforting you in ways he knew you liked. You nodded at him and felt your body begin to weaken. "I can't do it anymore Mark." You muttered, pulling away from him. 

His hands reached up towards your face, wiping away the tears. He looked at you, placing all of his attention on you. "I'm here." He spoke, smiling softly at you. You nodded and looked towards him. "

"Over the past couple of months I've been feeling miserable. It feels like everything is crumbling down and as if I shouldn't be here." You spoke, looking towards the floor as you began to break down, "It feels like I don't belong here anymore..." 

Mark's eyes filled with tears. "Hey, look at me." He spoke, gently cupping your face to bring his gaze to yours. He shook his head at you. "You are the most incredible woman I have ever met. You are so amazing and you're doing so many great things for this world. It hurts me to know you kept this from me." 

 A few tears slipped down his face as he continued to look at you. "I didn't want to burden you with that. I didn't want to see you leave." You muttered, looking back down to the floor. Mark shook his head gently. "You have to know that no matter what it is you're going through, I will always be by your side. I will always be here to help you." He spoke, removing his hands from your face and holding your hands in his. 

You looked back up at him and nodded. "I'm sorry." You mumbled, feeling bad about the situation. "You have nothing to be sorry for." He replied instantly, not wanting it to feel as if he was forced to do any of this, "This isn't your fault. None of it is, you can't control how you feel. You can have horrible and still not tell me. I just want you to know that I will never leave and I will always be by your side." 

You nodded once more and took a deep breath in. He pulled you towards him, wrapping you in a tight hug. "If you need to cry then cry and if not then that is okay. Just tell me what I can do to help." He muttered, the vibrations of his voice flowing through you. 

You felt yourself relax as you took in Mark's cologne. It was comforting yet soothing. He pulled away from you and looked towards you, grabbing your hands in his. "I just want you to know that whatever you do, I am beyond proud of you." He spoke, finally clearing away your tears. 

"Thank you." You croaked, the tears finally stopping. He smiled towards you stood in front of you. "Turn that off because we're going to have some fun tonight." He spoke, placing his hand out in front of you. 

You nodded and closed your laptop before getting up and grabbing Mark's hand. This is what you needed. This is why you loved him so much.