If it's Gonna be a Break, at Least Make it a Clean One

Kuroo managed to drag Ai to some of his games. It was impressive, their team ran great. Afterwards they would walk home. "Hey Ai-chan, wasn't I cool in that game?"

"Yeah," Ai snorted, "Kenma was pretty cool."

"How rude!"

"Hey Kenma, want to go get some pie?" Ai asked, jabbing her thumb in the nearby direction of a bakery.

"Uh," he paused his game and looked at her, "sure."

She brought out an apple pie to the park. It was dusk but the streetlamps were on.  "You two dig in, I am going to get some tea." Ai grinned.

The vending machines were on the other side of the park, near the bathroom. Just in sight of the bench, but too far to hear. Some boys exited the bathroom as she was selecting drinks. She slipped them into her school bag as they popped out of the machine.

She sighed when she saw the shadows over her as she crouched to get the last drink. "Hey." One of them said.  She rolled her eyes. She took a moment to ponder how cliche her situation was before standing up and dusting her skirt off.

"Can I help you?" She turned around and basically had a cage of boys around her. She was only a bit shorter than Kenma and not necessarily intimidating, but she steeled herself.

The boys softened and blushed. "Well," the taller of the boys said.

"Our friend here wanted to get your number." The other one said as he pushed the one in the middle forward. He was handsome and a good height, blushing madly like a cherub tomato.

"Okay." Ai pulled out her phone. They sent each other their numbers over infrared. "If that's all, I need to get back to my friends." She said stoically, breaking the chain of boys to walk back to the bench where Kuroo and Kenma had already started eating the pie.

"What did they want?" Kuroo asked with a spoon in his mouth.

"Mmm, they asked for my number," she handed Kenma some tea, "here you go".

"Wait, seriously?" Kuroo had to pause to cough and choke.

Ai shrugged. "They were cute about it, really red in the face, it was adorable." Ai smiled, taking the pie into her lap and scooping up some apple pie.

"What were their names?" Kuroo had a red face from all of the coughing, he gulped down some tea.

"Didn't ask."

"Seriously Ai-chan~." Kuroo whined. "How often does this happen?"

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me, Kuroo-san." Ai winked before shoveling pie into her mouth.

"Again with the formalities?" He cried.

Her phone buzzed. She opened it. "Oh he texted me." She read it. It was only a self-introduction explaining his class number and how he always saw her at school.

"So he goes to our school?" Kuroo peered over her shoulder, looking at her phone. Kenma minded his own business like a good boy.

"Kenma, I think there are mosquitoes out, I can hear one buzzing in my ear."

"Ai-chan!"

Ai texted the boy herself and gave an introduction as well. His name was Reo Ashikaga.

"Give me that!" Kuroo snatched up her phone and took a selfie with Ai and sent it before she could retrieve her phone. It was an outraged picture of Ai with a goofy-faced Kuroo using a peace sign.

"Kuroo, you asshole!" She grabbed her phone back.

She apologized to the boy after he asked if that was her boyfriend. "He's most certainly not!"