I'll Drink to That

It really was her mother's fault y'know. She always left her home alone and told her to help herself to whatever was in the fridge. One Saturday night she helped herself to the beer. She knew her mother wouldn't mind as long as she wasn't going out in the streets. Her mother was lax about that sort of thing for some reason, though she had every reason not to. She normally only drank one beer or a glass of wine with dinner with her mother but today she had also gotten into the wine along with drinking a few beers there was also a few small bottles of vodka that she drank.

She was pleasantly buzzed and laying on her couch. She was smiling at her phone. It was probably the only time she found enjoyment in reading the group text. She took another sip of wine. It tasted amazing compared to beer. Beer was like the stale piss of the alcohol world.

She got that annoying feeling again and naturally, there was a knock on the door. "Ai-chan, do you wanna go to the-"

So opened the door. She was wearing a white tank top and blue shorts. Her slippers were nowhere to be found. "What do you want?" The redness in her face brought out the rolling green of her eyes, like a meadow in a storm. He said nothing for a moment and just stared at her, glancing her over from head to toe.

"What do you want?" She repeated as she leaned against the wall. She crossed her arms. For a moment she could see Kuroo's eyes widen. She didn't care.

"Are you drunk?" He asked.

"Only tipsy." She responded. "If that's all, then I am going to-" Ai began closing the door but he stopped it with his foot.

"Oh do you want to join me?" She asked, smirking, making her way back to the couch where her bottle of wine was. "Too bad, it's mine." She swirled the wine in her glass before taking a sip.

"What are you doing!" He demanded. His angry tone surprised her but she didn't act on it.

"Spending a nice evening in, what does it look like?" She finished her glass and poured another one. She hiccuped.

"It's illegal!"

"So is watching pirated anime online but people still do it." She countered. "Never would have taken you for someone so opposed to a good time." She rolled her eyes again. "What do you get out of sticking your nose where it doesn't belong?" Ai sighed, leaning back into the couch. "Is this really making you happy? Do you really care that much?" She laughed. "Loosen up, have a beer, it's not a big deal." She gestured with her glass before taking a sip. Her eyes sprang open, "Could it be that you've never drank before?" She grinned.

"Of course not!" Kuroo barked defensively.

"Kuroo, get the stick out of your ass and have a beer, I'm not drunk enough for you to be less annoying." She finished her glass and set it down without refilling it. She pushed a beer can into his hand and patted the couch next to her.

Kuroo sniffed at it before tentatively taking a sip. He pretended it didn't taste bad. She could see it though. It made her smile. It was a new side of Kuroo she never expected to see.

"Heh, pussy." She teased as he took another sip. "That's right, drink your beer like a man!" She cried, pushing his shoulder.

His face was already turning red. He took off his jacket. "It's too hot in here."

"Nah, it's just the alcohol, you're buzzed." She grinned. "Who knew you'd be such a lightweight."

Ai had diligently cleaned all of the cans and washed out her wine glass. Kuroo ended up drinking three and a half beers. She finished the last of the can before tossing it in the recycling.

"How often do you do this?" He called out, looking over the back of the couch at her. He was looking a bit worse for wear.

"Sometimes." She dried her hands before going back to plop down on the couch. He promptly nestled into her shoulder.

"What on earth are you doing?" She whined, trying to shrug him off.

"I'm tired," he sighed.

She shook her head in disapproval. "Go sleep in your own house."

"What would my family say if I came home drunk?"

"You're not drunk," Ai rolled her eyes, "you're wasted, you lightweight." She smothered him with a pillow.

"Oh it's on!" Kuroo fought back, pushing the pillow into her face. She tapped out after a few seconds of struggle, out of breath and red in the face.

"Someone's calling." She gasped.

"It's just Bokuto." Kuroo muttered, answering the facetime call.

"Yooo Kuroo, bro, I've been calling you all night!" Bokuto whined.

He saw a messy-haired and panting Ai collapsed on the couch behind Kuroo. His eyes lit up and he grinned. "Oya oya, did I interrupt something?" He asked suggestively.

"Absolutely not." Ai glared over her shoulder.

"Bokuto I can't go hoooomee~!" Kuroo sang.

"What's wrong?!" Bokuto screeched.

"He's drunk." Ai explained simply.

"I'm wasted, you lightweight!" Kuroo crooned, Ai took the phone out of his hands and he fell over and landed with his chest in her lap.

"I may have encouraged him to drink too much tonight." Ai was now starting to regret her actions. Kuroo was heavy and she couldn't move her legs. "Probably not my best idea." She admitted, tucking a stray section of hair out of her face.

"Well, I'll leave you two be," Bokuto snickered and hung up before Ai could explain that it wasn't like that.

"Seriously," Ai muttered, running her fingers through Kuroo's birdsnest that he called hair. "Get up, you big noodle!" She heaved him up in enough time to slip from under him. He had fallen asleep quickly, well, it was more like he passed out. She made sure he was laying on his stomach and left a bottle of water within arms reach for him before covering him with a blanket.

"Troublesome noodle." She muttered, turning out the lights. "Goodnight Kuroo."