Chapter Ten

Yunho grabs his mortar and pestle after gathering his herbs just as his herbal teacher instructed and he slowly begins to knead the herbs, the juices being squeezed out from the leaves and mixing together. Yunho works hard to make this remedy perfectly, knowing he would like to master making these medicines just like the rest of his pack. These ancient remedies have saved Essence many times over the years.

Yunho's always specialized in creating new mixes that differ from the old ones, trying to make new additions whenever he can. His teacher advises him to stick to the recipe, but Yunho can't help but experiment. He's even cured a sickness that came over Essence around this time last year all from a special remedy he had created himself.

"I see you're playing around again, Jeong," Yunho's teacher says to him, glancing over his shoulder to watch him as he kneads the herbs together.

Yunho smiles brightly up at his teacher, always having been a joyous soul, "It's not playing, sir. You never know when I, or anyone here, could make the next big medicine we use for years!" He says cheerfully.

The real reason Yunho's always been curious about medicines and remedies was because of his father. He's been ill for a very long time and all of the pack's mixes seem to never work for him. That's why Yunho kept trying to create new mixes -- in hopes that one of them will finally work for his father and cure him of his illness.

"Well, just don't make a mess..." His teacher stays, keeping his face straight and stern as he begins walking around to the other pack members when they all get interrupted by a loud noise outside.

What was that?

"Everyone gather to the center of the grounds immediately."

The voice is loud and everyone in the herbals building knows that it's their pack leader. It must be something important for him to call everyone like that. All of the students along with the teacher stand and leave to head to the center of the grounds.

Yunho wonders how his father is doing back at home, knowing he wouldn't be able to get up and walk all the way here. He will have to tell him the news when he gets back home. Yunho feels himself preparing for the worst the closer he gets to the large mass of his pack members.

Yunho notices that the Park family is he and gathered around towards the middle with the pack leader and his family. They must be here for their yearly visit, Yunho thinks. He's always found it interesting

Everyone is talking amongst themselves about what this could be about but are silenced when the pack leader begins to speak.

"We've received a prophecy this morning," He begins, "One that says war and ruin are coming, along with a strong and powerful love."

Many of the pack members are shocked, but the majority of the younger members aren't worried about the war and ruin part as much as the strong and powerful love part. They're all wanting to be the one the prophecy is about. There is talk among the young pack members about a possible fated mate pairing being among them, but the people that bring it up are immediately hushed calling it nonsense since fated mates know who their mate is instantly when they see them and they all know each other.