Chapter Two

~

Seonghwa sees his parents have already chosen their room, along with Dohyon and Areum, so he goes to the last room. As he enters, he looks around and nods of approval at the nicely made bed and wooden chest and desk. He removes his backpack and sets it on the desk. He's just about to begin unpacking when he hears his mother's voice.

"Seonghwa, honey, how about you and Dohyon go make friends with San? Areum and I will be going down to the ladies home your father told me about. He also said he was going to check things with the elders, so I think it would be nice for you two to spend time with San. What do you think?" Hyejin says, poking her head into the room Seonghwa settled in.

Seonghwa offers a nod in agreeance and it makes his mother smile widely.

"Great, Dohyon is out by the front door waiting for you," Hyejin replies before leaving to fetch Areum.

Seonghwa lets out a sigh once his mother leaves, unsure about being around San when his chest is still stirring with unknown emotions from their first meeting. He was hoping that he wouldn't have to see him until they would inevitably go to the bonfire he had mentioned. Seonghwa straightens himself up and leaves the room to meet his brother at the front door.

Dohyon smiles when he sees Seonghwa coming, "I see mother convinced you, huh? He seems nice, though. Father was telling me how he didn't have many people our age left," Dohyon talks as they walk out of the home, roaming around the grounds to find San, "Maybe he wouldn't mind a spar... He and I are both alphas, and I haven't had a good spar in a long time. Father said how Eclipse is thought of as weak, but they held great power at their peak."

Seonghwa walks along with Dohyon, listening to him talk. He hears him mention about sparring and Seonghwa shakes his head sternly, "You know sparring is not allowed unless supervised."

Dohyon chuckles at Seonghwa's seriousness, "Of course, but you'll be there," he winks and pats his brother's head, "My little supervisor."

Seonghwa scowls as he straightens his hair down with his hands in case Dohyon messed it up, "You know you need an elder supervisor--" Seonghwa retorts, pausing short when he sees San and he shuts his mouth. His beautiful rose scent immediately filling his nose, his wolf internally purring at the smell.

Dohyon sees San about the same time as Seonghwa, going up to him instantly while Seonghwa lags behind him.

"San, it's a good thing we caught up to you. Father wanted us to spend some time with you, being the head men of our packs and all," Dohyon says, smiling proudly.

San nods and smiles back, offering a small bow at their presence, "That sounds great, I could show you around the grounds," San says, catching a glance towards Seonghwa during his greeting, their eyes meeting for a brief moment. He feels the same burning in his chest that he felt when he first saw him, feeling his wolf roaring for his mate, but he keeps it at ease.

Seonghwa bows back in respect, giving his brother a scolding look for not bowing. Has he not been learning from father all these years? Always bow in respect to people of authority. Seonghwa's breathing hitches as his eyes meet with San's for that short moment, it taking all of his power to hold back his wolf and to keep from wincing from the feeling rising further in his chest.