Chapter Eleven

~

Yunho opened the door to his and his father's house that morning to a small letter on their doorstep. He feels chills throughout his body as he stares down at the letter before bending down and picking it up, taking it back inside. Yunho nibbles on his lip as he sits down at the kitchen table and tears open the letter.

We hereby call out Jeong Kangmin as an alpha of pack Essence to participate in a potential war that is brewing. We can only assume the aggressor to be Bloodbane, who is a great and powerful pack. Due to the prophecy we have received, we are calling upon all alphas and betas to begin preparing themselves for the worst. Tonight, there will be a gathering of all alphas and betas in the west building to discuss our plans moving forward. More information will be disclosed then.

Thank you, my beloved packmates of Essence

Yunho feels his heart drop into his stomach as he reads what the letter has to say. He knows that the head alpha knows about his father's illness, so why is he still getting one of these letters? He can't possibly fight. Sometimes he can hardly get up on his own without Yunho's help.

"Are you okay, Yunho?"

Yunho lifts his head up at his father's voice, not realizing he had tears running down his cheeks. Yunho nods, wiping his face to make to seem like he wasn't clearly just crying, "Yes, yes, father. I'm okay," Yunho closes the letter and shoves it in his pocket as he stands up and goes over to him, "Are you okay? How are you feeling today?" Yunho gives him a hopeful smile since he's walking on his own today.

"I feel good today, Yun. Look at me, I'm all up and about," Kangmin says, but his speech is interrupted by intense coughing as he hunches over, grabbing hold of his stomach.

Yunho wraps his arm around his father and keeps him grounded and held up, "I see you, you're doing so well," He assures him, keeping a bright smile on his face even though he knows the worst possible thing that could happen is sitting right in his pocket.

Kangmin stops coughing and brings himself back up with the help of his son, "I just wanted to come and sit by the window so I can look out at the grounds..." He explains, slowly walking over to the soft chair they have placed in front of the window. Yunho's father has always liked seeing the members of Essence out and about doing their everyday activities, it makes him happy to see all of their happy faces since he's not able to get out of the house anymore.

Yunho helps his father sit down in the chair and he gets his blanket for him and lays it across his lap, "Lots of people are out today," Yunho says as he looks out the window, seeing a few people running around to the different homes. Of course, Yunho knows what's happening. Everyone is a bit frantic about all of the alphas and betas having to get prepared for war and patrolling.

Yunho hums to himself for a few moments, working up the courage to speak, "I'll be gone for a little while this evening, will that be okay, father? I'll have Kyelin come by and check on you."