Chapter Fifteen

"What are we going to do Min?" Yunho looks up at his soulmate as he swirls his fingertip in circles on Mingi's chest, his eyes filled with confusion.

Mingi gently runs his hands through Yunho's fluffy locks, eventually settling his hand further down so he can cup his lover's face, "I'm just worried they're going to get suspicious about you, or about us, if we go... What if something bad were to happen and your--" Mingi pauses mid-sentence to lower his voice to a whisper, "and your powers act up again...? Besides, Chrysalis has extremely strict rules and our relationship clearly goes against them."

Yunho's face falls when Mingi mentions the possibility of Yunho possessing magical abilities. Nothing like this ever happened to him before he met Mingi, and it's been hard to keep his newfound abilities at bay when he sees new reasons to use them.

Ever since they found each other last year, Yunho and Mingi have been inseparable, conjoined at the hip, even. They truly were meant to be in every way. Together, they were able to end the war Mingi's pack, Bloodbane, was trying to set onto Essence, Yunho's pack. Yunho managed to show Mingi's father Minseok that Essence was completely magic-free and that they were harmless. He only wished he could've gotten there sooner that day that Essence's head alpha was torn to shreds by no other than Mingi's father. This fate ultimately ended up in Yunho and Mingi becoming closer since both of the boys' packs didn't think much of the other boy. They had to protect each other.

There was no real magic left within Essence.

Or so the pair thought...

It all came to fruition when Mingi came back to Yunho from a hunt he went on with a bunch of alphas from his pack badly injured and Yunho healed him by just touching the wounded skin. He hadn't meant to, he was simply just seeing how bad the laceration really was.

When Yunho placed his hand over the wound, it healed right beneath him and both men were shocked with what they just witnessed. Yunho began to freak out and became afraid that Mingi would do something to him or leave him right then and there, but Mingi reacted just the opposite.

Mingi was adamant about them both keeping this secret between only the two of them and Mingi became even more protective over his mate than he was before, and that's saying something because Mingi already would almost never leave Yunho's side. Yunho trusted Mingi's every word, but the fear still rose inside of him at the possibility of someone else finding out.

This secret brought the two men closer together since they both knew they could never let the truth get out, not even to their own families.

Yunho thought for a long time about what the possible outcomes of them going to Chrysalis might be, but he still wanted to go. He turned up his puppy-dog face to the maximum and began to beg to his mate, "Please, Min? I promise nothing will happen, I'll keep them calm..." Yunho placed loving kisses all over Mingi's face and neck, "I've been trying to train myself when you're away hunting."

Mingi hums lowly as Yunho's soft lips against his skin tempt him into agreeance, "But what if-" Mingi's voice is cut off by Yunho taking his lips in his own, into an impassioned and addictive kiss that Mingi's not sure he will ever get used to. The way Yunho's lips linger on Mingi's makes him feel more alive than he's ever felt. This has been the feeling Mingi has waited for his whole life and he would never let it go now.