Chapter Twenty

Seonghwa wakes up the next morning warm in his bed, but with an excruciating headache. He sits up and his vision blurs for a moment from dizziness, grabbing a hold of his head in a groan. He frowns, not sure of why he feels this way. Seonghwa tries to remember what happened the night before, but everything gets foggy after he drank that drink one of the alphas gave him.

One thing that isn't hurting, however, is a small spot in the center of his forehead. Instead, there's a tingling sensation that reigns it's claim over the spot. Seonghwa lifts his finger to touch it and the tip of his finger feels like it's been shocked when he strokes it over the spot.

Throughout all of the other pain Seonghwa's head seems to be in right now, there's this one spot that feels the complete opposite. Trying to think of the reasoning causes Seonghwa's head to pulse with even more pain.

His stomach begins to churn and he looks down at it, wondering if he ate something last night that didn't settle well with him.

Seonghwa sits up, getting up slowly, not wanting to cause his vision to blur even more from standing up too quickly. He gazes at himself in the mirror, not seeing anything amiss from his appearance in particular. Perhaps he's getting sick...?

Seonghwa removes his robes and puts on his normal white day robes, running his fingers through his hair as he looks closer at himself in the mirror. He stares at himself for a while, studying his own face. He supposes that his skin does seem a bit more flushed than normal and his cheeks are an oddly rosier shade.

He tries to think back to last night once again and he's ridden by flashes of San's face, causing his heart to beat erratically from his wolf's pleasure of Seonghwa thinking about the man. He thought he smelt a different scent on his night robes when he woke up this morning and now he realizes.

He smelt the faint scent of roses.

Seonghwa feels his face heat up at the realization and reaches his hand back up to the tingling spot on his forehead. It's a similar sensation to whenever his and San's hands would touch or graze each other's.

Did San touch his forehead last night...?

Seonghwa mentally scolds himself for not being able to remember the results of last night clearly. What in the heavens did that alpha give him to drink last night? Seonghwa had never tasted anything like it before, remembering the burning he felt of the liquid going down his throat.

The longer Seonghwa stares at himself, the longer his mind is filled with thoughts of San. He can't lie to himself any longer and try to tell himself that he feels absolutely nothing for San. He just can't. Every time that San is in his presence, his internal wolf wants for Seonghwa to be around him and for his alpha to touch him. They really are fated mates, meaning the world has deemed the two of them to be perfect for each other and that they're destined to be together.

If they're so destined to be together, then why does it seem like there's so many things keeping them apart...?