Chapter Eighteen

Seonghwa dresses himself into his elegant white day robe, trying to keep his mind away from thinking about the night previous. The feeling of how hard his heart was beating in his chest hasn't left him since and even now, he can still feel the sensation. Seonghwa shakes his head and goes to slide open his bedroom door, wanting to check on his sister, Areum, before going to the first lesson.

He slides open Areum's door and bows his head once at her, "Good morning."

Areum smiles when she sees her brother come in and sit in the chair beside her, "Wow, you actually said good morning to me this time," she chuckles quietly, trying to keep from it turning into a coughing fit, "Good morning, Seonghwa. How was yesterday?"

Seonghwa hums, knowing San said the same thing to him last night. Is he really talking more? Seonghwa didn't think so...

"Fine," Seonghwa says plainly, pulling out the medicine tablets from the bedside table that Areum is supposed to take in the morning. He takes two from the bottle and holds out his hand to her.

Areum groans at the sight of the pills, but takes them from Seonghwa anyway, downing them. She makes a disgusted face for a moment, but it neutralizes once again, "You seem... Weird today," she says, looking at her brother's posture. She notices it's a bit more slouched than normal and she raises an eyebrow. This is not the Seonghwa she knows.

Seonghwa senses her suspicions and straightens himself out, keeping his hands together in his lap as he waits for her to continue -- because she always does.

"The first lesson with the new guests is this morning, right? Is that why you're in such an odd mood? Hmm..." She says, looking inquisitively at Seonghwa, trying to weed out any more things that are off about him, "Or... Have you and Eunji made some progress with your relationship?" She asks in more of a teasing manner.

Seonghwa stays stoic, shaking his head at her assumptions, "No, but she does want to come see you."

"Really? Please bring her next time, Seonghwa. You know we were good friends before I became like this," Areum sighs, her once cheerful face going down into a frown. She hates being cooped up in here. Her parents won't even let her go to the lessons with their guests. They keep telling her that her immune system is much too low to be around so many people.

Areum looks back up to Seonghwa, still seeing something odd on his face. He's been like this for a few days now, she thinks. She wishes Seonghwa would just talk to her and open up about whatever is bothering him to her.

Seonghwa nods and the two of them sit in silence for a little while, Seonghwa's eyes unconsciously drifting towards the window to look out to the buildings the guests are staying in.

Areum looks to where Seonghwa's gaze is and sees the buildings they've refurbished to house the new guests and her eyes narrow, turning back to face Seonghwa, "Who is it?"

Seonghwa is unusually startled by Areum's question, as he's typically not the jumpy type, but he turns to her, "What?" He asks, clear confusion and worry present on his face.