Chapter Thirty Three

San got up early the next morning, his mind still focused on only one thing -- one person.

Seonghwa.

All he's been thinking about after speaking with Areum were plans on confronting Gyungho and Hyejin in some form or fashion. San hopes that maybe if he sits down and is able to talk to them about his and Seonghwa's situation, he will have a better chance of getting them to change their minds. Maybe if they knew that he and Seonghwa were fated mates, they would allow for them to be together, even if it meant bending the rules they, and this pack, seem to love so much.

There's always a chance, right?

San gets in his own head the whole walk to see Gyungho and Hyejin, thinking and rethinking his words. Should he say this, should he not say that... The biggest thing he's debating on whether or not to tell them is how deeply he is in love with their son.

It's going to be okay no matter what, so there's no real need to worry, right?

San's wolf doesn't help his worries, knowing that it will never be satisfied fully until Seonghwa is his for good with finality. Seonghwa said how he would come back to him, and even Areum said they were going to figure everything out. She just has to talk to--

San walks into the room, and finds someone is already there talking with the very people he went to go see.

Eunji turns her head, fear evident in her eyes when she sees San standing in the doorway.

San looks between Eunji and Seonghwa's parents, seeing fear and confusion on all of their faces and San realizes that could only mean one thing.

Eunji just told them about Yunho possessing magic.

San faintly hears Gyungho saying something to Eunji as he goes closer, "Go sit over there, Eunji, we'll... Talk more about this in a few moments, alright?" To which Eunji nods and slowly goes to sit down by one of the windows, her eyes still glancing back at San and then looking down in shame over what she's done. She can only hope that San, nor the others, will hold it against her.

San reaches Gyungho and Hyejin and bows deeply before them, his back visible to the two of them as he does so, showing the slightly patchiness of deep red splotches.

"Stand up," Gyungho says, trying to be neutral and calm after what Eunji had just told him and his wife about one of their guests.

San rises from the ground and looks between Gyungho and Hyejin, noticing how Seonghwa's mother gives him a guilty look after seeing how badly hurt his back still is from the severe punishment he had received.

"Now, what are you doing here, Choi San?" Gyungho asks, his eyebrows more furrowed than normal, knowing that this was the boy found in bed with his betrothed son.

"I..." San starts, but pauses to keep his voice from shaking as he tries to focus on Gyungho, "I came to talk about Seonghwa, Sir," San tries to be as formal as he can be in this situation.