Chapter Five

A few days later, there's another omega meeting. Yeosang is especially worried about this one because they will get their blood type results back, along with a list of the alphas that their type matched with.

Since mates are always together, Riverside decided that this new blood-typing part of the mating process would fit nicely if one person out of the couple were to get hurt, they would know that their mate is a perfect match. This was their thought-process when they were coming up with a new step.

Yeosang understood the whole process, having always been told about it from his mother and also from Wooyoung. Yeosang smiles when he thinks back to when Wooyoung was first telling him about mates and how excited he was for the future when he would get his own mate.

Growing up, Yeosang wasn't so sure about the whole mating process their pack went through. Yeosang couldn't understand why everyone couldn't just pick their own mates. He knows that deep down he only really wondered that because of his undeniable attraction to Wooyoung, his best friend. He's always looked up to him even though they're of the same age. Wooyoung has always been outspoken and full of confidence, all of the things that Yeosang knows he lacks. That's what started it all, admiration. The wanting to be like him. Who would've guessed that wanting to be like someone could lead to just wanting to be with that person? That the liking his attributes led to liking him as a whole, in a different way than he should.

Yeosang's excitement about getting a mate dwindled as he aged, understanding more and more about how he needs to rid himself of this crush he has on Wooyoung. Yeosang isn't even sure if he wants a mate anymore, knowing he won't be as happy as he could've been.

"Yeosang," Eunmi pokes her head into Yeosang's room, "Wooyoung came to go with you to the meeting tonight."

Yeosang looks up at the mention of Wooyoung's name, and wouldn't you know it... There he was, the happiest smile he's ever seen looking back at him. Yeosang immediately perks up from his previously questionable thoughts, but they still simmer in the back of his mind. Eunmi slides the door shut, leaving the two alone.

"Yeosangie~" Wooyoung starts, excitedly jumping onto Yeosang's bed with him, "Are you excited for tonight? Tonight is when we get our list of potentials! They're going to tell us about each of them, just as they're doing with the alphas."

Yeosang half-listens to what Wooyoung says, getting distracted by their scents of vanilla and jasmine mixing in the air around them. Yeosang's eyes are a bit glazed as he looks at Wooyoung, "Really?"

"Yes, really! It's all so exciting, isn't it?" Wooyoung continues, still in a happy tone, until he sees Yeosang's disinterest and then he frowns, "Is something wrong, Yeosangie?" He puts his palm to Yeosang's forehead, seeing if he feels warm.

Yeosang smiles and shakes his head, "I'm okay, and no I'm not sick," he says as he swats his hand away from his forehead.

"Good. otherwise, I would have to stay here and take care of you," Wooyoung laughs, laying back against the wall.

"Hey, I'm not so bad!" Yeosang retorts, "I never get sick, and even if I did I would get better instantly."