Chapter Nineteen

Hongjoong finds himself standing next to Jongho when all of the alphas and betas file into the strength training building. He sees one of the Park's sons, Dohyon, making his way to the front and bowing towards them all. Out of respect, they bow back and the boy begins explaining how strength training works here.

"I'm going to ask for everyone to pair up, you all can choose your partner. Your partner will be the one that spots you while you're completing your routine and vise versa," Dohyon says.

Hongjoong looks around the room and sees Sunghee asked to pair up with San already and Dongwoo was asked by a younger-looking beta girl. As Hongjoong realizes the friends he's made have already been partnered up, he looks over at Jongho.

Jongho seems to have realized the same thing that Hongjoong just had and looks at him with a face of disgust, "How could we have gotten this unlucky?" He complains, crossing his arms into a tight fold across his chest, "I'm asking San before we even get here next time..." He mumbles under his breath.

"I'm just as unhappy with this situation as you, but you damn well better not let those weights fall on me, Jongho," Hongjoong says fiercely.

Life truly has it out for them both.

Dohyon nods in contentment when he sees everyone has paired up and then he goes over to one of the many bench presses they have in this building, "This is a bench press, which I'm sure you're all aware of, but your partner will most come in handy here. Having a spotter can sometimes mean the difference between life and death and with how much I've seen especially alphas put on these things, it's serious," He explains and pats the bar of the weight before going over to a few other machines around the building.

Hongjoong listens intently to the Park boy, taking in everything he says even though he's well aware of what the machines do and how important safety is when operating with them. He glances over to his... partner... and notices how absentmindedly he's looking around the room, not paying as much attention to Dohyon as Hongjoong thinks he should be.

Hongjoong nudges Jongho in the side with his elbow and gives him a pointed look, whipping his head back to Dohyon, hoping Jongho gets the message that he needs to pay attention.

Jongho rolls his eyes once more but does end up following Hongjoong's motions and starts to listen to Dohyon and what he's saying.

After all of the explanations, the pairs went off to what they wanted to do first. Jongho surprisingly took Hongjoong by the forearm and dragged him over to the bench press. The surprising part being the physical contact, Hongjoong was definitely not surprised by the workout he wanted to do since it's what he's always seen him do back home in Nightshade.

"I'm going first," Jongho states, already getting on the bench and laying back.

Hongjoong hums, expecting nothing less from him at this point, so he goes up by his head and prepares to spot him.