Chapter Nine

It turns out Hongjoong wasn't as good of an actor as he made it out to seem last night. He couldn't keep his composure when Jongho shoved him when they accidentally brushed against each other to meet with Daesung. Where Jongho had put his hands when he shoved him was where one of his major bruises were, so it hurt like a bitch.

Daesung locked them back up in the training building and said he would see them again tomorrow to see if things were different.

They weren't.

Hongjoong fell back onto the bed in the resting room, hating how they're still not able to leave. He's sick and tired of being with Jongho and he's been acting kind of strange lately... He keeps bumping into him and looking at him with soft eyes all apologetically, but then he gets angry and shoves him back. He needs to get it together, Hongjoong thinks.

During nighttime hours, he keeps thinking he hears him whimpering in his bed from across the room. Hongjoong has been wanting to ask him about it, but he doesn't know how to confront him. He's starting to get worried about him, afraid he might be homesick or have bad nightmares or something similar.

Why is Hongjoong getting so worried about Jongho, anyway?

Hongjoong brushes off his worry for him with a shrug of disgust. Cooping them up together in this place like this for so long must be screwing with their heads or something. 

Jongho has been trying to shove his wolf down the past few days, his wolf craving for affection from someone and with Hongjoong staying with him... That leaves him to be the only person his wolf can crave contact from. Jongho feels himself coming out of his rut though, and he's so thankful. He doesn't know how much longer he could deal with wanting affection from Hongjoong and he has restrained himself as much as he can from acting on those feelings that seem so strong.

Jongho prays that Hongjoong hasn't heard his whimpering at night, knowing it's his wolf begging for someone to hold or someone to hold him. He despises this feeling he gets, knowing he only wants to show his rare affection for his future mate.

That night, Hongjoong and Jongho are both in their respective beds trying to fall asleep when Hongjoong hears the whimpering noises coming from Jongho's bed again.

What is going on...? Is he okay?

Hongjoong can't help but feel worried. He finds himself sitting up and going over to Jongho's bed to check on him, "Hey, Jongho... Is everything alright? You sound upse--" Hongjoong is interrupted when he is pulled into a warm and tight embrace, being taken into a strong wave of cinnamon.

Jongho's wolf takes over his senses and while he's in this state, but Jongho himself doesn't mind either. He wraps his arms around Hongjoong, bringing him down to sit on the bed with him. He rests his head on his shoulder and inhales his gingery scent, his wolf purring at his rival's aroma.

"Jongho, what are you doing?" Hongjoong asks in a quiet yelling-like voice, his eyes wide from shock at the current situation. He hears Jongho's whimpering stop the longer they embrace, Hongjoong slowly wrapping his arms around to hold him too. Jongho's cinnamon scent mixes with Hongjoong's ginger scent and it fills the room as the two of them just sit there holding each other.