Chapter Three

The Park family makes their way to the middle of the Eclipse grounds where the smoke is coming up from the ground. Once they get there, they see the smoke coming from a small bonfire pit, seeing most of the pack sitting in a circle around the pit.

San turns and sees them, getting up and waving them all over. His eyes light up brightly under the colors of the fire when he sees Seonghwa coming up to him with his family, admiring the beautiful robes he changed into. He looks so incredible. San feels his wolf wanting to come out and pounce onto his fated mate. San feels a wavering in his heart when he remembers earlier today when Seonghwa told him he felt nothing for him. San knows that can't be true.

They all sit down with San around the fire, Seonghwa ending up having to sit next to San, their complementary scents instantly mixing together. Though, Seonghwa doesn't even give him a glance, keeping his eyes looking into the fire.

"I'm so glad you all came, we love to do this at least once a week so we can all be together. I find it really peaceful, and then after this, we head to the bathhouses. Do you all use bathhouses?" San asks because he's honestly not sure about a lot of other packs. San looks towards the family, but his eyes always linger back to Seonghwa.

"Yes, we use them," Gyungho answers happily, enjoying the fire in front of them. It's nice to get to relax after a long day of running.

San nods, seeing that he's relaxing and it makes him feel happy. He wonders how hard on the body it must be to have to run so much for a month straight. He finds himself worrying deeply for his mate but knows he is strong beneath all of those robes. San can't seem to take his eyes off of Seonghwa.

Hyejin notices San's interest in her son Seonghwa and it worries her a bit, having noticed how long his eyes have been longing for his ever since they arrived at the bonfire. What is going on here? She decides that she will wait for later to bring it up to Seonghwa. She lays against her husband Gyungho and enjoys the fire, instead.

San thought he could feel eyes on him, so he quickly shifts his eyes away from Seonghwa and back to the fire.

Many stories are told over the roaring fire, stories that are humorous, stories that are about childhood, and stories about love. One elder couple even talked about how they were fated mates and their love story of them finding each other.

Hearing that final story made Seonghwa's chest ache and it wasn't just from San's presence. He rests back, holding himself up with his arms, the arms of his robes covering over his hands.

San feels his heart becoming erratic as he slowly moves his hand under the arm sleeve of Seonghwa's robe, gently moving it over top of his hand. San closes his eyes briefly and hopes that Seonghwa doesn't pull away from him, needing to feel his touch. He knows that Seonghwa will be leaving in the morning... Will he ever see him again? San knows he doesn't accept him as his mate, but he sure can try while he is still with him.

Secretly, of course.

Seonghwa feels the sleeve of his robe slightly shift and then fire ignites within him as he feels San's hand moving on top of his. He knows he should move his hand away, but he leaves it there underneath San's, allowing himself to take in the power of his touch against his skin.