Chapter Thirty Seven

Five Months Later

Hongjoong and Jongho have been planning their visit to Eclipse with Yunho, Mingi, and Kyelin to see San for a while now, but what they didn't expect was to see their other three friends they hadn't gotten ahold of already there.

"Dongwoo?" Kyelin's the first one to speak as her eyes widened instantly when she saw him, having been missing him since their departure a few months ago.

Dongwoo chuckles and rubs the back of his head, "Hey, Lin."

"What are you three doing here?" Yunho asks, looking between Yeosang, Wooyoung, and Dongwoo.

"Ah... Well..." Yeosang starts, looking uneasy at the memories of when they were banished from Riverside and what happened to Wooyoung. It scared him seeing Wooyoung black out like he had done, but he and Dongwoo took care of him. Yeosang was thankful to still have Dongwoo as a friend, no matter how awkward and touchy the tension between the three of them would get.

Yeosang and Dongwoo were mated, so of course it's inevitable to have some discomfort when Yeosang is with Wooyoung now... The boy he had betrayed Dongwoo for. Yeosang hated thinking about it like that, but he knew there was no way to sugarcoat it. He and Dongwoo would talk often, with Wooyoung's knowledge, so they were able to get through things easier than most in their situation.

Yeosang cried when Dongwoo forgave him. He didn't think he deserved that forgiveness, but Dongwoo's heart was too big not to. He wanted to have Yeosang in his life no matter what, just as he said when they split up.

Wooyoung steps up to help Yeosang get the words out, holding his hand tightly for support, "Yeosang and I were shunned and kicked out of Riverside... Dongwoo came along to protect us, but we all ended up staying here in Eclipse with San," Wooyoung explains, smiling towards San, who he noticed had a hidden hurt look in his eyes when he smiled back.

"Like I said, everyone is welcome here," San says, the smile never leaving his lips, but everyone could tell it didn't quite reach his eyes. The bright look of San's eyes squinting down and his dimples' prominence wasn't there.

They all knew why.

As they looked around at each other, there was a clear piece of their puzzle missing.

The biggest piece, in San's eyes -- in his heart.

Seonghwa...

While San is hurt that everyone is there aside from his love, he really is happy to see everyone again. His hopes of Seonghwa coming back to him haven't left, not a single second of everyday does San go without thinking about him.

He will be home soon, San thinks to himself.

Jongho's face grows in anger as Wooyoung tells them what happened, "How dare they kick you out? What kind of pack even is Riverside if they were to banish two, nay, three, of their members?" His voice raises and Hongjoong lets it go until finish before he slips his hand into Jongho's, noticing the immediate ease of his mate.

Jongho looks over to Hongjoong and sees his mate with a subtle smile on his face, knowing his cue to calm down, but... Really? They kicked them out? Some fucking pack they are...

Dongwoo doesn't correct Jongho that he wasn't banished like Yeosang and Wooyoung, but he doesn't say anything. That's just how Jongho is.

Yeosang leans his head onto Wooyoung's shoulder, "We're better off here, really... I just miss my parents, but we've been able to meet up on the outskirts of the pack grounds before."