Chapter 25: Fire and Ice

"M-Mother! F-Father! Miyuki has a Quirk! Miyuki has a Quirk!" 

Her white hair was floating in the air as the snowflakes swarmed around her. Her soft giggles warmed everyone's heart with her gray-bluish eyes gleamed brightly. They were perfect snowflakes.

"Mother! Father!" She shouts, showing off her new Quirk to everyone. "I-I can make ice! I can make ice! I got a Quirk! I got a Quirk!"

Todoroki chuckled softly, kissing Miyuki's forehead. "Yes you do..."

Haru sighs softly, looking away. "I-I don't have mine yet..." He then turns to you with the most curious smile ever. "Mother... how did you activate your Quirk?"

You smile softly, picking him up from the ground. "Well... it had to be years ago... when your father and I were being attacked by bad guys. I was scared... and well... I protected him with my Quirk. I was told I could never have a Quirk... but that proved it wrong. And listen to me, Haru, it doesn't matter if you have a Quirk or not. Your father and I love you no matter what."

"But... Mineta said-"

You shushed him from speaking any other words about Mineta. As much as you and Todoroki tried to keep him away from innocent Haru, he still manages a way to get to him. "Don't mind what he said."

"What about Kaminari?"

"What did he say?"

He looks way, a little embarrassed. "Well... he said that Quirks can attract girls. Is that really true? Did Father's Quirk attract you to him? Is that why you're so in love with Father? Mother... I'm confused."

Chuckling softly, you nuzzled little Haru. "Think about it the other way, Haru. When I first met your father, I didn't have one. I didn't know I had one. He still loved me for who I am, Haru. So ignore to all the ones that say you need a Quirk to impress the girls and whatnot. There's bound to be girls that will fall in love with you- with or without a Quirk."

Haru nods his head, almost like he understood it all. "Okay, Mother."

"But if you want to try- be careful. I mean it." You let him go with a warning, and he runs of to the center. "Be very careful."

He nods his head, looking at his hands. "Hm... Miyuki, how did you do it?"

Miyuki looked at him, looking down at her hands as well. "I-I was just playing around."

"F-Father? How do you use your Quirk?"

"I-It's a bit difficult to explain. I lower my body temperature to make ice, and I raise it to make the fire. If you're looking for a Quirk... it's a bit harder to explain until you're older."

Haru nods his head, balling his fists. "O-Okay... maybe I'll be like Mother-"

"Haru." Miyuki says, widening her eyes.

"Miyuki, be quiet! I'm trying to think! M-Midoriya says that it's better if I think things through-"

"Haru!"

"W-What?!" Haru quickly rose his hands, and gasped in surprise. Little flames began to swarm around his fists. "F-Fire... fire! Father! Put me out! I-I'm on fire!"

Todoroki chuckles softly, walking over with his left hand out. The air began to freeze around him as a small flurry of ice came through, showering Haru with it. "You're lucky we can handle you two. More so me." He then turns to you, "Guess Mother was right- I am gonna be busy handling these two rascals."

You chuckled softly, putting a hand on your stomach. "I'm just glad that they'll be happy."

"D-Does this mean we can be heroes like you two?!" Miyuki jumps to her feet, surrounding you. "M-Mother, can we be heroes?!"

You turned back to Todoroki, chuckling softly with a blush on your face. "W-Well... if you want to become heroes... you can. Just know it's a little difficult in... being a hero. There's so much training... and there's just a lot of things. I'm not saying you can't, but just know you will have to work hard."

"We'll work hard!" The twins say at the top of their lungs.

"Guess we can help you guys train up your Quirks to be the best heroes. I'm just glad to hear that you guys want to be heroes because that's your dream. Don't worry, you'll be in good hands. After all, we're the undefeated heroes here. Fire and Ice... all from me."

"Maybe this next baby would have my Quirk." You smiled gently, chuckling softly. "Hopefully no more twins."

"A-Aren't we good twins though?" Haru asks, tilting his head as Todoroki continued to spread ice all over Haru's hands. 

You chuckle more, smiling to both Miyuki and Haru. "You guys are the best twins. It's just that you two were always a hassle to the both of us. I remember when you two were babies, one of you guys would cry for us, and the other would chime in. Then when you guys caught a cold- you guys kept passing it back and forth."

"I-If we can play with the baby, can we play with Quirks?!" Miyuki gasps with glee. "I-I wanna try playing with my Quirk! Please, please, please!"

"You all know how Quirks work, Miyuki." Todoroki says with a soft chuckle. "You don't get it until you're around 5 years old. It's been 6 months since you guys turned 5... you need to wait until double digits to play with Quirks with the new baby. At least."

"Aw..."

"But once you guys mastered the basics of your Quirk, then yes, you may play with them- with limitations." You say. "I don't want any of my precious twins getting hurt at a young age."

"We promise!" The twins say loudly, leaving an impact on your heart. Perhaps it would take a few more years before they become the best duo team of the Todoroki family. It first started with you and Todoroki, but now, the unstoppable duo shall be passed down into the Todoroki Twins.