Chapter 13: Acceptance

A few of U.A.'s teachers called for you to explore the matters of your Quirk. Especially since you were romantically tied to Shoto Todoroki. Nervously, your hands shook as you walked through the halls of the school. Classes were dismissed for the day, and Todoroki was not here to walk you to the teachers. His homeroom teacher, Mr. Aizawa, firmly told you to not involve him any more. Quoting him, "He has enough on his plate. Handle your own self."

Remembering his figure and his little threat sent shivers down your back. Turning a corner, you reached to the end of the hall. Only a huge door was in the way. Curiously, you put your ear against the door- like in those crime movies- but to your disappointment, there was nothing. Taking a heavy breath, you knocked thrice.

The doors suddenly opened and you saw Mr. Aizawa. "Ah... you finally arrived." He moves out of the way to display an unexpectedly long table with a few of U.A.'s teachers. All Might was sitting across of Mr. Aizawa, where Present Mic was next to. The principal was at the end of the table, his black eyes staring down towards you.

"Take a seat, my dear." The principal says gently, gesturing his paw to the nearest chair. You do so, and he began to speak. "It was... (y/n) (l/n), am I correct?"

"Yes."

"And you do remember the event that had happened at the camp weeks ago?"

"Of course. That is where I awakened my Quirk."

The principal nodded his head, nearly chuckling a bit. "Some of the teachers here believe that we can both train your Quirk and protect you. I'm sure that some villains have gotten a whiff of the relationship between you and Todoroki, and I'm sure that they would do anything to bring down Endeavor. But seeing how undeveloped that protective Quirk of yours, Todoroki can continue on with his hero course and not worrying about you if you have been training under us."

A question quickly stuck. "Sir, does that mean... "

"Before you say anything else, (l/n), I would like to tell you that you do not need to do an entrance exam. Your training can start immediately. You can even be enrolled in the hero course as you like."

"Is it possible I can be in class 1-A?"

"Yes, my dear."

"I accept." Your heart began to flutter brightly when he had said it was possible to be in the same hero class as Todoroki. "I would like to be trained as a hero as my Quirk abilities shall develop. It would be an honor."

"Enjoy having her in your class, Eraser Head!" Present Mic shouted, nearly deafening you. It seemed the rest of the teachers were affected as well. "Oh! My bad! Can't wait to teach you in the hero course, (l/n)."

"And so will I." Midnight says with a gentle smile on her face. "Principal Nezu has given me permission to help you develop your Quirk to its full potential. Aizawa, are arrangements being made with her parents about this?"

You turned your head quickly to Aizawa. He nods his head, sighing heavily. "Yes yes, I shall be heading over to them personally and have a chat. I'm sure that they would be worried for their daughter's sake, but we can reassure them. All Might, you can help me out if you can. Midnight, ensure that she gets back to the 1-A dorms."

"Mr. Aizawa," you start off, "can I tell Shoto about what's going on?"

"Go ahead. It'll relieve a bit of stress of training with your Quirk. All we ask is that you do not brag about this to the public. We don't want to hear about a girl being accepted in the school without passing through the entrance exams or because of her relationship with the students. Understood?"

You nodded your head, trying to contain your glee. "I understand. Thank you very much!"

"Ah... let's go now, (l/n)."

"(y/n), just call me that, Midnight. Using my last name is so formal."

Midnight smiles softly, nodding her head. "Alright then. And with complete honesty, it's kinda cute to see that you're deeply in love with this boy. Don't stress about all the other components of to become a hero. We'll go at your own pace."

"Thank you..."

*   *   *

Walking into the main hall of the dorms, everyone was scattered all over the place. Their attention only turned because of Midnight was beside me. From the kitchen, Todoroki walked from his place and stared at you with worry. His eyes showed concern for you- especially since a Pro Hero was right beside you.

"(y/n)! What's going on?" He shouts, running towards you. His hands quickly took yours as he tightened them in worry. 

Looking away with embarrassment, you quietly mustered up the strength to tell him the incredible news. "Shoto... I'm enrolling in the hero course... and I'll be in class 1-A."

A mixture of both happiness and worry filled his different colored eyes. Deku jumped a bit, surprised by hearing the news. "W-Wait... enrolling...? In our class...? Is that... that's possible?"

"This... this is true, Midnight?" Todoroki says, looking towards her. "Don't tell me... that this is true... don't tell me you guys are gonna train her as a hero... that's dangerous... I don't want to think about all the things that could happen! Class 1-A is being cursed by being riddled with villain problems, (y/n). As much as I love you, I'm worried."

Midnight stepped in, hitting her whip against her hands. "How cute is this? Anyways, Todoroki, Aizawa has been noticing that you've been distracted. Mostly because you've been practicing refining (y/n)'s Quirk. But because of that, you've been falling behind in your studies. The principal prefers it if she was trained as a hero."

"I-I don't like this..." Todoroki looked at your with his worried eyes, but his anger seemed to decrease in his tone. "But are you really up for our kind of chaos? It's not gonna be pretty."

You nodded your head, "I accept every challenge of this."

"Can't argue with that. But... now I can keep an eye on you. I don't have to stress over your Quirk. Midnight, you're sure that you'll take good care of her during her training?"

"I can promise that I won't damage her too much. Most injuries can be healed by the Recovery Girl. Don't forget about that, okay? Jeez... such a protective boyfriend... pretty romantic in my mind. No... always romantic. Ah, girls, why don't you help (y/n) fit into the girls' dormitory? I bet she'll need all the help she can get!"

Midnight slowly gathered all the girls and started heading towards the elevators. All they needed was you, but you were too busy with Todoroki. He looked down at you, kissing your cheek. "Be safe..."

"I'm always safe when I'm near you." You say with a wink.