Chapter 9: Aftermath

Your heartbeat began to race as you saw the dome. The one person who threw the blade at you growled, reeling the blade back with his chained hands... and once more, threw it at you. Wanting to know what this power truly was, you stared at the blade as it hurled towards you. The blade hit the dome, and the dome then bent to the point where the blade touched you... but remained untouched, unhurt. Your eyes watched it fall to the ground, as it all began to take your breath away.

This whole time... you had a Quirk. All those lies about being Quirkless was no longer true. You were considered "normal" in terms of society. 

"A Quirk?" Todoroki chuckles softly, holding you close. "(y/n)... it's great that you have one. Too bad that... well, you had to find out here."

You nodded, clenching your fists. "Whatever this Quirk is... it's none of my family's. My whole family has been Quirkless."

"Hm... we'll talk about this later. Right now... you got a protection barrier around you. Now, you cannot be here... let us handle it until we get Mr. Aizawa here or the other pro-heroes. You're inexperienced... get Mr. Aizawa... please. And after he gets here, get to somewhere safe. I'll find you when it's all over... I promise." His turquoise and gray eyes shone with care. All he ever wanted was safety.

"Please... be safe..." You say to him as he nods in response. Slowly, you walked away from him as the dome that once protected you... fell away from him and surrounded you. The dome shimmered from it's fiery colors to gold before shimmering to clear. 

Taking one look at him, he smiled softly before taking his stance to fight. His fire side began to flare up as his ice side began to freeze the ground. You then turned around towards the cabins, searching for the pro-heroes that were supposed to be watching these students.

*   *   *

Soon afterwards, the pro-heroes took over the battle. It was an almost clean fight... only a few cuts and bruises. While the heroes fought against this group, you hid in a nearby cabin, watching over the whole battle. You remembered each cry as Todoroki got hit and injured as he fought with the guy with the blade. 

But he walked out of battle with a few bruises and a huge cut on his cheek. He panted heavily as he held his injured arm... but he seemed to get out of pain once he saw you: safe and unharmed.

Todoroki weakly walked over to you and he fell onto your shoulder as he grunted in pain. "(y/n)... glad you're safe and sound..." He chuckles weakly, nuzzling your shoulder.

You chuckled softly, "Shoto, get some help... please. You need to heal from all those bruises and-"

"(y/n), you're overreacting right now. Okay? I handled worse things than this, alright? Don't worry about me..." He continues to chuckle, kissing your cheek. His cut on his cheek began to dry with a few droplets of his blood. Worried, your eyes went towards it... sighing softly. "Come on... we need some good sleep after all this fighting." Once more, you nodded, holding his hand.

*   *   *

Tossing and turning in your bed, your eyes never got heavy. Pro-heroes were taking turns overseeing the cabins and the perimeter, in case if this group came back. But, the inability to sleep overtook you.

The plan was simple: sneak into the boys' cabin, wake Todoroki up, and talk to him about your new Quirk.

Putting the plan into action, you slowly walked to the boys' cabin. Your heartbeat echoed in your ears as made your way to the cabin. Carefully closing the entrance door, you felt a presence behind you. The heavy breathing and how the air turned cold.

Hesitantly, you turned around and shrieked a bit. A soft chuckle came forward. "Well, princess... I was on my way to see you."

"S-Shoto!" You whispered loudly to him, smiling gleefully. "I-I can't believe it... you knew I was coming here?"

"Of course. I was sure that you would be confused about your Quirk showing up... and I wanted to give you some comfort. Heh, seems to me that you came to me first before I came to you. Now... since we're in... er, the boys' cabin... we should go elsewhere."

You chuckled, holding his hand tightly. "Like where? Pro-heroes are watching over us-"

"Oh, I'll find a way."

*   *   *

And he has found a way. Todoroki led you to the cafeteria, which was the only other place that was more comfortable than the single-gender cabins. He helped you sit on the ground, carefully holding your hands tightly.

"Now... let's talk, shall we?"