Chapter 11: Practice

A couple of days after the camp trip was over, Todoroki took you back to that forest... the same forest that you met him in. He gripped onto you, smiling softly as he took you deep into the woods. Soon, the smell of pinewood surrounded you, no longer having that burned smell. Where the wood laid in charcoal was slowly healing. The burnt wood soon had bits of vines and flowers growing from its ashes. The heat from the summer's sun fell down upon you. You felt your skin burning from the sun, perhaps starting to get a tan.

"What are we doing here?" You asked, wondering why he truly led you here. At first, you thought it was a small date within the woods. He even had a picnic basket. But... there was that dreadful feeling that it wasn't just a date. "Shoto?"

He chuckles softly, laying the basket under the shade of a pine tree. "Well... do you want to learn more about your Quirk?"

"Of course!" You say without thinking.

Once more, he chuckled. His hand then combed his red hair, smirking a bit. "Well... let's see what your Quirk can do. I'm much more better as a partner than some doctor that lied to you, am I right?"

You chuckled, slowly making your way towards him. "That's true... after all... I don't love anyone else as much as I love you..." You say, chuckling as you kissed him on his soft lips. "An exception to family, but... I'm sure you know what I meant..."

"Of course I knew what you meant. I love you more than my family... especially... you know..." A growl came from his throat as you realized who he was referring to. "But... come on, let's practice on your Quirk. I'll go easy, since my Quirk is a bit powerful than yours."

Standing in the center of the field, you chuckled softly as you clenched your fists. With that, you heard a hum and the sound of fire- noises that weren't there when your Quirk first activated it. You then took a better view at your Quirk- looking at every tiny detail. 

Tiny, harmless flames danced around you as they shimmered with different shades of gold. Before you knew it, a small fireball was projected towards you- hitting you in the center of your chest. You gasped as it hit your chest, but of course... your Quirk protected you. You were unharmed. But, the fireball was projected somewhere else. It bounced and struck a dead piece of wood. 

The fires grew on the wood, reaching up to the sky. You gasped, seeing the fire sprout... but Todoroki's ice began to cover it, melting into water and putting the fire out. "Wow... deflects it..."

"I guess so. But, I felt the impact on me... but otherwise... I'm unharmed."

His warm arms wrapped around you, "That's good. Now, imagine this: that fireball that I hurled at you... it was one of the weakest ones I can create. Think you can picture how my fireball would be if I invested more strength at it?"

You nodded your head, seeing how powerful he really is. "Glad you decided to be all nice and kind by not hurting me that badly..."

"Why would I ever hurt you?"

You simply chuckled as Todoroki pulled you in for a kiss. "Shoto... what can I do about this new Quirk? I-I feel... lost..."

"You'll get through this, (y/n)... I promise you that." He then nuzzles you, holding your hand tightly. "I'll be there every step of the way- all for you..."