Chapter 14: Hero Information

"Hey Shoto... what could my Quirk name be?"

Shoto was busy eating his soba noodles as his eyes darted towards you. The papers were laid out in front of you. Though these paperwork was not yet due, you wanted to get a head start with Todoroki. 

"My Quirk is based around these golden-like flames as a barrier. Fire Barrier? Barrier of Fire? Protector?"

"Kindling Dome... uh... Blaze Barrier."

"Blaze Barrier..."

Shoto shrugs his shoulders when you repeated his last suggestion. "As much as I want to help you, coming up with Quirk names is a little difficult than coming up with hero names. And it doesn't have to be fancy. Mine's Half Cold, Half Hot. So not exactly fancy. It's just a Quirk name. People would know you better with your hero name."

"Blaze Barrier sounds a bit perfect. Now..." You quickly scribbled the Quirk's name on the paper. "Time for my hero name."

All of a sudden, Shoto straightened out. "Your hero name could just be your first name- like mine. Just an idea. Or... wait... The Protector Hero: Blaze. No... a bit basic..."

"No no, it's perfect!" You say with a smile, leaning your head against his shoulder. This shoulder was on his right side. A slight chill came from his shoulder as you leaned against it. His right hand then patted your head. "Shoto, I think whatever you think of is beautiful. Don't doubt yourself, alright?"

"You really are taking this seriously... aren't ya? I gotta take this more seriously as well." Todoroki chuckles softly, finishing his soba noddles. "Otherwise you'll be able to surpass me. Can't let that happen... because I want to make sure that you're safe."

"Once my Quirk is fully manifested, you don't need to worry about my well-being." Then, a little idea popped into your head. A little crazy, but it sounds like a good idea. "Shoto, if you do become a hero... could I be your sidekick?"

He nods gently, smiling and kissing your forehead. "Of course. You're always my little sidekick."

"Cute..." You whispered softly.

"That explains what you are to me- a cutie."

Soon enough, Midnight walked in behind the couple. A slight smile grew on her face when she saw your head on his shoulder. At first, she didn't want to disturb the young couple, but the urge to ensure that the girl was trained properly overtook her desires. 

"(y/n), time to train."

You lifted your head, looking towards Todoroki. Assuring you with his warm smile, you pecked a kiss on his lips before heading off to Midnight. No other words were needed to express his worry for you. Everything was there. For tonight would be a long night of training with your newfound Quirk.

*   *   *

"Have a goodnight, (y/n)." Midnight says to you as you were dismissed from training. Dim lights were activate on the first floor. Curiosity spiked up your mind. Walking inside, you saw Shoto passed out on the couch. 

Asleep on his right side, his red hair began to fall gently over his eyes. That little burn mark was almost gone when his hair hid it. He grunted softly in his sleep, softly calling out your name. You knelt next to him, running your hand through his hair. His eyes were twitching open, and a warm smile grew.

"You're back..."

"Took a little longer."

He grunted as he pushed himself up. Soon, Todoroki's arms wrapped around you, pulling you closer to him on the couch. "How's your Quirk developing? Any improvements?"

You nodded your head, "Yeah. Midnight noticed that the Quirk is a protective shield. We don't know if I can use it against other people or use it to protect others. But for now, she's helping me strengthen the shield. That way if villains do attack you guys again, I can protect myself."

Todoroki nodded his head, leaning back into the couch. "That's good..."

"Shoto, did you really stay up for me?"

A regrettable sigh came from him, "Yes. I can't sleep if I don't know if you're safe. When I used to drop you off at your house, I can sleep because you're safe in your house. But now with the dorms, I can't sleep if I don't see you with the girls or not in your room. So I waited. I must've fallen asleep in the process. It got so late."

"Mr. Aizawa said that you can't be worrying about me this much."

"I don't believe he's even been in love. For me, I will worry as long as we're together. Now, I'm not just gonna be a hero to protect others and defy my father... but I'm gonna be a hero for you." Todoroki grunted as he got up with your arms wrapped around him. "Enough talk, you must be exhausted."

You nodded your head, letting Todoroki carry you to your room. Every now and then, he would shuffle you around a bit to balance you around his neck. Once you reached your floor, Todoroki carried you to your room. Upon entry, he settled you on your bed and chuckled softly. "Now I can rest peacefully. Sorry... I've forgotten you just got back from training... go bathe first and then sleep. Reminds me I gotta take a bath too."

Again, you nodded your head. "Alright... sleep well, Shoto."

"Sleep well, (y/n)." 

That moment when he said your name, it sounded like he was in a dreamy state. He walked off, flipping his hair over before he disappeared to the elevators. You fell to the ground, sighing softly at his little attempts of protecting you. That night, you just wanted to fall asleep in Todoroki's arms. 

In the dead of night, a dream came to you. A dream that in the future, he would always be by your side. Hands linked together as you oversaw the city together. Todoroki scooted closer together with his other hand on your stomach. The warmth of the sunrise greeted you, but unfortunately, it was the next morning in real life. Sighing heavily from such a dream, it quickly dismissed itself from your memories.