Chapter 21: Newest Addition

Sitting in the hero agency and slowly eating a salted cracker, there was a loud thud at your desk. You jumped at the noise, startled by the person who did it. "You ready for the mission once the sun rises?!" Kirishima was there, chuckling brightly. He was truly energized. Then, there were a few other U.A. students walking up. "Can't wait to fight beside you once more!"

You blushed, thinking about the little baby that was nestled inside of you. "Uhh... a-about that... Kirishima... I'm not participating..."

Midoriya tilted his head with curiosity, almost like he was trying to put the pieces together. On the other hand, Yaoyorozu began to say her thoughts. "Is it alright if I can ask why you're not participating? I bet Deku would agree to ask for an explanation."

"Wait... did... Shoto... not tell you?"

"What was Todoroki supposed to tell us?" Kaminari says with a quizzical look. "That you can't go? That's... that's not right. He always want you by his side."

You slowly continued to eat the crackers, side-looking to the small bag of cookies that Todoroki left to you. "I... I told him I had to stay out this time..."

"Eh? Why's that?" Hagakure questioned softly. "(y/n), are you okay?"

A small blush grew on your face as you began to explain to them your little condition. "I am... it's just... there was a little incident that happened. Concerning our... family..."

"Incident?!" Kaminari gasps, not letting you finish your words. "What happened?!"

"Shoto's gonna be a father."

The silence filled the air when the news hit them. Stunned to hear it, Kaminari looked between the heroes, gasping and pointing his finger at you. "Y-You're gonna be a mother?! M-Mother Todoroki?!"

You blushed as you nodded to confirm. "Yeah..." Your hands quickly caressed your stomach, almost protectively. "I'm gonna be a Mother Todoroki. And that's why I can't participate in the next mission. Sorry guys, but the baby Todoroki matters the most."

Midoriya smiled and nodded his head. "I bet Todoroki would really agree with that. Whenever it comes to you, I bet he would choose your safety rather than having you in the danger of the hero mission. Don't worry- we'll keep Todoroki safe and back into your arms before you know it. We'll do our best!"

A smile escaped your lips, as well as a small chuckle. "Thank you, Midoriya... I appreciate it."

"Appreciate what now?" Todoroki's voice came through as he came back with a plastic bag on his arm while he held a small box of envelopes. He leaned down, kissing your neck before landing his eyes back on your old classmates. "What's going on?"

"That we'll protect you in (y/n)'s stead. Anything to ensure that Father Todoroki comes back to his soon-to-be wife." Kaminari chuckles and winks softly. "Oh, what's that?"

Todoroki began to hand out each individual card to everyone. "An invitation to our wedding, of course. (y/n) and I went through them last night. Hopefully we'll see you guys there. I know we might get delayed because of us being heroes... but still... I think it would be... enjoyable if villains took a day off."

"Knowing them, evil doesn't take a day off." Jiro chuckles softly, leaning back as she took the envelope. She opened it and her eyes instantly perked up. "Whoa... up on that specific mountain? Interesting. It has an overlook that oversees the cities! A perfect place for a wedding!"

"We'll definitely attend, Todoroki, (y/n)!" Uraraka says with a huge smile. "Alright, let's get some rest. We'll fight for you, (y/n)!"

They all retreated away, and Todoroki kissed your lips with his warm hands on your stomach. "You know... I was thinking something, (y/n), about the baby..."

"Which is what?"

"If the baby wants to be a hero... how can I approach it without being like my father?"

You smiled softly, leaning your head on him. "Well... you're already not being like Endeavor. He wanted to have kids to surpass All Might. Now you want kids because I wanted kids. Now listen, Shoto... you just help them. Be gentle, because force isn't how you discipline a kid. You're gonna be a great father. There's no doubt."

Todoroki looked away, taking your hand gently. "You're right. Now, scurry off home. Wish me luck for tomorrow's mission. I'll try to help clear it up as soon as possible. Just so I can come back home to you and take care of you. Even help prepare for the wedding."