Chapter 17: First Hero-Related Mission?

In 4 months, combined with training from Midnight and Todoroki, you were now eligible to be attending to a hero agency. Everything was all set- from your hero name to your hero costume. With multiple suggestions from everyone- mostly from Todoroki- the final costume went like this: a calm red, tight dress with a golden utility belt around your waist. Black boots that crawled up to your knees, as well as black gloves to your elbows. A golden masquerade mask laid on your face, laced with red threads. Your hair was pulled back with a red rubber band. Under your dress was this black leggings to keep you from perverts looking at you weirdly.

When it finally arrived, there was one thing left: a hero agency. "You know... I can get my father to get you. That way we can be training together." Todoroki says with a soft chuckle. "How's that? Working together?"

You nodded with a smile growing on your face. "I would love that. Just... is working with your father... okay? I'm just worried-"

"Then don't, (y/n)." He says, holding your hand tightly. That warm smile... that warm smile that would melt any frozen heart. "Because I'm gonna be by your side, as much as I can. So don't worry. Worry about yourself and the other people that you're gonna protect. Your Quirk is more defense based than mine. Always and always rely on me. Got it?"

Once more, you nodded and began to clung onto him. "Okay."

"Now let's hurry. If we catch my father in a good mood, he should be more opened to accepting you."

*   *   *

"You want me to do what, Shoto?" Endeavor's voice was booming in the nearly empty office room, belonging to the one and only Endeavor. You were sitting on a nearby chair, holding your briefcase of your hero outfit. Todoroki was standing in front of the desk, maintaining a calm composure. "Shoto, I cannot-"

"This is one of the only things I ask for. I've done almost whatever you wanted me to do. Even coming to your agency, for once. Just accept (y/n) and I'll do anything to ensure she's safe. Besides..." Todoroki's tone changed slightly- falling to a quieter tone. He wanted to whisper, but it was impossible to whisper in such an empty office. "It would look better for you if she was to be my future wife."

Endeavor was silent, gazing his icy blue eyes between you and Todoroki. A heavy escaped him before he made his final decision. "Alright. I'll have her accepted in my agency- only on one condition, Shoto."

"Name it." He says calmly.

"She will be by your side- especially when you become adults."

"Like I would have it any other way."

"Hmph! Dismissed!" 

Todoroki turned away, and his stone composure slowly melted when his eyes laid on you. It soon became this warm smile- a smile that would always make your knees buckle. His right hand reached out for you, and you reached back. Touching at the fingertips, he curled his to pull you closer. Entranced, you walked next to him as you both walked out of the office. Mostly leaving Endeavor in such a foul mood.

"That wasn't so bad, was it, (y/n)?"

A mischievous grin grew on his face- almost childish. "Shoto, did you mean what you said in there?"

"I said many things. Be specific, if you please." He winks with the eye with the burn mark on it. "I just want to ensure I'm being correct."

A wave of warmth fell upon your cheeks as you began to summarize what he said in that office. The words that made your heart flutter and your body tingling with his words. A feeling so difficult to explain, it was hard to put into words. "The part that you said... I would be your future wife..."

"Ohh... that..." Shoto began to scratch his white hair, chuckling softly. "Well... hopefully we'll stay together to get that far. Honestly... I wouldn't have it any other way than having you as my wife. Then again, we're just in high school. A few more years, we'll be professional heroes- working side by side."

"Let's really hope it stays that way." You say, leaning towards him for a peck on the cheeks. 

Todoroki accepts the kiss, chuckling softly. Tugging on your arm, he pulls you off to the side, holding your chin. He stares deeply into your eyes, pushing against you for a kiss on the lips. "(y/n), I know I said this before... but you're really cute when you're blushing."

The blush remains on your cheeks as you began to stutter for words. 

"Don't be shy." His warm hand reached up to your cheeks as he chuckles more. "No need to be shy when you're cute already. I don't think anyone else can be cuter than you. Yet you seem to prove me wrong whenever you blush."

"S-Shoto..."

"Shoto!" Jumping straight onto your feet, Endeavor had returned from his office. The flames on his beard grew hotter with anger. "Get your girlfriend- time to be put to work."