Chapter 19: Surprise!

Exhausted from the fight with the villain, Phobos, you had permission from Mr. Aizawa to take some time from class. After all, it was the very first time you had your hero mission. You stayed in your dorm room for at least 2 days, trying to rest up. Some girls had come in to update you on classes and bring you snacks. But mostly, it was Todoroki coming to your room.

He came in whenever he could, bringing food and comfort. Sometimes, he would tuck you to sleep and tell you that he would stay with you until he couldn't anymore. That was how you fell asleep one time. 

When you woke up, Todoroki was asleep. His arms were around you as you were tucked under the covers. Unfortunately, he was not. When he breathed so softly, you faintly could see the white mist. Almost like he was cold. Todoroki shuffles in his sleep, groaning so softly. His arms tightened whenever he groaned. Almost like he didn't want to let you go.

The door soon creaked open, and Uraraka was at the door with a stuffed animal. "(y/n), the girls and- oh!" Her eyes went wide as she saw the two of you. "I-I'll come back soon."

"U-Uraraka!"

You shouted a bit, but regrettably forgot about how Todoroki was near you. He began to scramble, groaning from his long slumber. "(y/n), you said something?" He began to rub his eyes.

"Y-You can go back to sleep, Shoto..." You blushed gently, leaning into him. "I kinda miss sleeping with you..."

"You look well-rested..." He says, kissing your cheek. "How about I leave and you can get ready for class? I'll do that as well."

Smiling softly, you nodded your head. "Deal, Shoto."

*   *   *

After getting into the school uniform and a few touch-ups, you were able to walk downstairs. Eerie silence filled the air, and it seemed abnormal for that to happen. Usually there was some sort of noise filling the air. No matter what. But turning into the kitchen, there they were.

Mina and Uraraka both held a circular cake with 5 candles in it. The guys were standing in the back while most of the girls were trying to prepare to serve the cake. "Surprise!" They all called out, giggling loudly.

"Surprise, (y/n)..." Arms swiftly wrapped around your waist as he spoke gently. "Thought we should all celebrate you finally going to school again. After all, you deserve some form of victory after that battle. Remember? You protected me."

You chuckled softly, turning around and kissing Todoroki's lips. "You did this, didn't you?"

A smirk grew on his face. "It's alright, you like this, don't you? Now, Sato made the cake for you- make a wish and blow out the candles. This is your victory morning."