Chapter 21: OMARI

Omari was driving to the spot he first dropped Naya off at, Taylor's house.

Naya had called him earlier but now she wasn't answering her phone. He called several times with no luck and this wasn't like her at all.

Omari never had to call Naya more than once so something didn't sit right with him. Last he checked, Naya was having a girls' day out with her best friend Taylor, so he was headed in that direction to see what was up.

He trusted her so he didn't suspect she'd be with another man, maybe she just hadn't checked her phone.

Either way, he had to go check to be sure. His lifestyle always kept him on edge and he knew he could never truly let his guard down.

He was now down the street from his destination. He drove slowly to scope out the scene, he searched for Naya's car but it was nowhere in sight.

This is stupid, shorty probably just at the spa or something and my ass is out here searching the streets for her, he thought.

Despite his doubts, he found himself knocking on Naya's best friend's door.

"Who is it?" He heard Taylor say on the opposite side of the door.

"It's me, O." He responded.

Taylor slowly opened the door and looked at him with curiosity. "What's up?" She asked.

"Where's Naya?" He asked while looking through the crack in the door, he didn't see anyone.

"She left hours ago, we cancelled our girls' day because I wasn't feeling well. She should have come home right after." Taylor said.

"Well she didn't," he looked at her suspiciously. Naya trusted Taylor but Omari had learned the hard way to trust no one.

"Why are you looking at me like I did something? Did you call her?" Taylor asked.

"No shit, you think I would come here without calling her first?" He answered.

"Drop the attitude and calm down, I've always had Naya's location on my phone so all we have to do is check it." Taylor reassured him.

She let Omari inside and she searched for her phone.

"Look, this is where she is." Taylor pointed at the location on her phone.

Omari studied the location, he was familiar with the area but not familiar enough. He pulled out his phone and dialed Slim's number. Slim answered after the third ring.

"What up O?" He said.

"I'm sending a location to your phone right now. Tell me what you know about the area." Omari instructed.

"Alright fam, let me see what's up." Slim paused, "Yeah, this looks like the same area that Rico sends his guys to handle packages. What you got going on over there?" Slim asked.

"If you don't hear from me in the next hour, send the homies." Omari said before he hung up the phone.

"I'm going to get her, stay here." He instructed Taylor.

"I'm not staying here, I'm coming to find my friend." Taylor replied.

"I don't know what to expect and I don't want you involved so stay here," he demanded.

"I'm not staying, let's go." Taylor said.

Omari didn't have time to argue, every second he waited he was putting Naya's life at risk so he gave in. He headed for the car and Taylor followed behind him.

They rode silently to the location on Taylor's phone. Once they made it, Naya was nowhere in sight. They were in the middle of nowhere. Omari observed his surroundings and he realized there was a house towards the end of the road.