Chapter 4: OMARI

Omari sat with Naya at his favorite place to eat breakfast, Waffle House.

"You ever been here before?" He asked her.

"Actually, I haven't. She responded. "I'm more of an iHop girl."

"So you telling me that you've been living here in Houston all these years and you ain't been to Waffle House not once? You must be one of them bougie chicks?" Omari laughed with his brow raised.

"Bougie? Is that the vibe that you get from me? I'll try it but I'm not really hungry anyways. I just wanted an excuse to spend more time with you." Naya said in a flirtatious way.

"So you wastin' a nigga gas and money just to do some shit that we could have did without leaving my spot? That's what I'm hearing." He stated.

Naya blushed. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize—"

"It's okay baby, stop apologizing, I was jocin' and I didn't say it to make you feel bad." He laughed.

Omari felt as if he had to sugarcoat things around Naya but not to the point that he had to change himself. He could tell that she wasn't like any of the girls that he was used to, she was polite and gentle. Omari had gotten used to girls that would curse him out in a heartbeat and wouldn't apologize to him if their lives depended on it. Naya seemed sensitive and genuine but he knew that he couldn't let his guard down with her.

"Besides, I like what I see and I want to keep seeing you." Omari said, snapping out of his thoughts.

Naya made him nervous, a feeling that he had never felt before and he didn't know if it was a good feeling.

"How about we eat and I get you back to wherever you need to be. I'm sure you got somewhere to be Ms. Bougie." He said. He didn't want to spend too much time with her until he did some research.

Naya seemed to disagree but she went with what he said. Once the two were done eating, Omari stuck to his word and led her to his car.

"You can just drop me off at my friend's house down the road," Naya said with a look of disappointment.

This made Omari feel a little bad but he knew that he shouldn't budge, besides, he had business to handle today. "Okay, just show me the way."

The two rode in silence, both drowning in their own thoughts. When they got close to the destination, Naya gave him final directions.

"This house right here." Naya pointed to the next to last house. Omari pulled onto the side of the road right in front of the driveway.

"My fault for having to take off so soon, I got shit to take care of today but aye, let's chill some other time. Here, put your number in there." He said while handing Naya his phone.

Naya did what he suggested and handed his phone back to him. She then began to get out of the car.

"Naya," Omari said.

"What?" She replied with a look of confusion.

"So I drive you all the way over here and I can't even get a goodbye, a hug, a kiss or nothin'?" He said with a seductive smile.

Naya leaned over and kissed him, it was a very long and passionate kiss. Omari stopped the kiss before it could lead to something else.

"Damn girl, you better stop before I take you back to my spot and fuck the shit out of you." Omari said, secretly hoping that she wouldn't be opposed to his idea.

Naya laughed, "Boy you couldn't handle this if I put it on you. Let's not get anything misconstrued."

"Keep playin' with me shorty, and you gone get what you askin' for." He said.

She rolled her eyes flirtatiously, "Yeah okay, Bye Omari." Naya got out of the car and walked towards Taylor's door, swaying her hips back and forth.

Omari knew that she was purposely trying to turn him on and it was working. He watched her until she made it to the door. She then turned around and blew a kiss his way.

"Take care of yourself baby girl." Omari said as he drove off.