Chapter 17: Nightmares

Seth's POV:

I woke up in the morning, in the same position from last night. We were in my bedroom, Dean must have brought me up here.

Dean had his armed wrapped tightly around me... and I felt safe.

I snuggled up to his chest and slept for another hour, forgetting we had school.

_ _ _ _ _ _

"Dean?" I called out. "Dean, where are you?"

I looked down at my hand and saw a photo of me and Dean. It was when we were kids... I smiled to myself and looked ahead of me.

It was in a pitch-black area... You couldn't see anything...

"Dean? Please come out!" I begged.

I walked deeper into the unknown area and just scarcely saw two people, cuddling with one another.

I got closer to them, just to ask where we were or how do we get out...

I noticed it was a man with dirty blonde hair, deep, blue eyes and pale skin...

He looks familiar...

Where do I know him from???

I walked closer to the couple. I froze in horror, dropping the picture in my hand.

I had tears in my eyes...

"Dean?!"

The pair looked at me in confusion.

"Sorry, do I know you?" He asked.

"W-What?" I said in disbelief, "I-I'm your boyfri-" I said stopping mid-sentence.

Dean and I weren't officially a couple... Although that was what I craved most...

"I-I mean... You're my best friend!"

"Best friend?" Dean repeated, "The only friends I have are Roman and Sasha."

"W-What?"

"Sorry... um..."

"Seth... My name's Seth..." I said, "I-I'm your next-door neighbour, ring any bells?"

He shook his head in response.

"W-We're best f-friends..." Tears growing even more in my eyes and my voice trailing off at the end my sentence.

"Sorry, Seth..." He responded.

The couple walked away leaving me. I just stood there, like my feet were glued to the floor...

Unexpectedly, a random man came out of nowhere and patted my shoulder, "I'm sorry for your loss, Mr Rollins..."

"Loss? W-What do you mean?" I asked. He then abruptly left me. Another man came and did the same thing... and another... and another. This repeatedly happened until my mother came.

"He's gone Seth..." she said with tearful eyes.

"W-Who?" I asked, almost scared for the answer.

"Your father..." she replied.

"W-What? N-no..." I said, "You're l-lying!"

She then left me standing there alone... in the darkness...

What was going on???

I couldn't hold it anymore... I burst out crying...

_ _ _ _ _ _

"Sethie...?" A voice called out.

"H-Huh?" I stuttered.

"Why are you crying, baby boy?" He asked softly.

"D-Dean?" I said, eyes wide. I immediately hugged him. I was clinging onto his shirt, almost like my life depended on it.

"W-Where were you? Who w-was that g-girl?" I said, not giving him a chance to answer me.

"Woah, Woah, Woah! Calm down there, Seth..."

"Don't l-leave me p-please..." I said, tears streaming down my face.

"No, don't cry, I hate it when I see your pretty face crying..." he spoke, rubbing away my tears with the pads of his thumb, "I got you... It's gonna be okay, you're going to be okay... I'll take care of you... I'll protect you... Now tell me, what's wrong?" He asked, hugging me tighter.

"I-I had a nightmare..." I answered. "It w-was pitch-black... T-Then I saw you w-with another girl... A-And you s-said that you forgot who I-I was... Then y-you just left m-me... After that... these random people came to me a-and said 'sorry for your loss'... t-then my mum came and told me... D-Dad was gone..."

"Baby boy, it was just a nightmare... none of that will ever happen, you hear me?" He asked and I nodded my head in response.

We sat in silence until I whispered, "I-I'm sorry..."

"Sorry? Sorry for what?" Dean questioned.

"For acting like this.."

"You know... it's okay to cry." He said, giving me a warm smile.

"W-We should get going to school now..." I sniffled.

I went to stand up but was pulled back down onto the bed by a pair of strong arms. "Dean w-what are you-"

"Shh..." he said in a soothing manner.

"We have school."

"I know. Let's just skip it for today..." he said and started massaging my head.

"O-Okay..." I replied, yawning.

Dean held me tightly in his arms. I calmed down a little and darkness took over my body.
_____________________
Heyyy☺️💞

Hope you enjoyed this chapter💯🤑

Have a nice dayyy❤️