Chapter 7: It felt perfect...

Seth's POV:

Finn and I were eating together at lunch. I suddenly needed to use the bathroom.

"I'm gonna go toilet real quick," I said and Finn nodded in response.

I excused myself and went to the school bathroom.

When I got there, I heard soft sobs leaving a confused expression on my face.

I looked around the bathroom and noticed a boy sitting the in corner with his legs up to his chest and his face covering his arms.

I went over to him and said, "Hey... Are you okay?" Causing him to, almost immediately, stop sobbing.

I put my arm around his shoulder and he looked up at me.

"Dean?" I said.

"S-Seth? What a-are you doing here?" He said, sniffling. His eyes were red, just like his nose and his cheeks.

"Why are you crying Deano?" I asked, completely ignoring his question.

"N-No reason." He replied, looking down.

"Dean... You know you can tell me anything."

"I know..." he mumbled.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked.

"Yeah... Go back to your friend. I'm fine." He said giving me a small, soft smile.

"Who, Finn?"

"Yeah... You seem to spend all your time with him anyway..." he said, glumly.

He was really upset right now. Like something was bothering him. I wasn't going to leave him when he was in this state. I decided to stay with him.

After a few minutes, Dean leaned his head on my shoulder, making my heart quiver. Making me tense. I soon relaxed. I enjoyed this. This little moment. I enjoyed his touch. His scent, pine. I enjoyed how some of his soft hair brushed against my face. I enjoyed spending time with him. But why haven't I noticed this before?

My thoughts were postponed when I heard Dean crying again.

"Dean? What's wrong?" I ask getting a little worried, "I got you. It's going to be okay, you're going to be okay." I said hugging him tightly.

"Just tell me what's wrong."

It took a few seconds before he calmed down.

"P-Please don't leave me..." he whispered, his voice trailing off at the end.

"Don't worry," I replied, massaging his head, "I won't..."

Why was he thinking like this? I would never leave Dean. He was my best friend. I wouldn't trade him for anyone else in the world.

The bell eventually rang indicating it was time for 4th period.

"You think you can manage the rest of the day?" I inquired of Dean. He nodded in response and we both stood up. He washed his face quicking and we headed to our lesson. We both had P.E.

Whilst heading to our lesson, Dean held my hand. I looked at him confused, but he never turned to me. He just kept looking forward. I smiled and intertwined our fingers. This felt right. Like our hands had been made for each other to hold.

It felt good. It felt comfortable. I felt safe.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*
It felt perfect...
_____________________
Hope you enjoyed this chapter😘💞

Have a nice dayyy❤️