|63| ~ A Time Long Ago~

Unedited.
Embry's POV.

"On the contrary, darling. It's not," Lady Katherine says while gently patting my hands, "Especially when the she-wolf who is demonstrating such table manners is Embry Destiny Wilde. The youngest daughter of Western Pack Beta Hunter Wilde and Larentia Lakewater,"

"Your mother wouldn't have it any other way,"

"My mother," I jump up from out of my seat. How would Lady Katherine know anything about my mother? I mean, sure. She's a vampire lady, so I'm certain that it's not that hard to obtain my parent names,"

"Yes! Your mother," Lady Katherine gentle voice interrupts my thoughts. "I've got so much to say to you in such little time but how about we start with the story about how I met your mother,"

 "I've got so much to say to you in such little time but how about we start with the story about how I met your mother,"

"You've met my mom," I question Lady Katherine with wide eyes, which earns me one of her famous big and bright smiles.

"Met oh, darling, I've done more than just met your mother. She was one of my closes friends,"

Friends!? That's impossible, my mom was a pack wolf. My mother has lived in the Western pack all of her life, even after she's met my father who's originally from the Northern Pack and from what I've been told my mother loved her homeland so much that she never planned on leaving, which was a huge issue for my dad.

Traditionally, the she-wolf is supposed to leave her pack and settle in her mate's pack-land the very moment that they mate but that wasn't the case for my parents. Well, according to my dad there was nothing ordinary about my parents mating circumstances but that's a story for another day.

"Take a seat, darling," directs Lady Katherine, making me realize that I'm still standing out of my seat, stuck on stupid.

"Oh, my apologies." I rapidly blink before sitting down. "I'm just a little,"

"Confused," she completes my sentence."It's okay, darling. I understand, if I was you I would be confused too,"

She has no idea. Unlike my siblings, I've never met my mother. The only thing that I know about her is what I've been told. I think to myself as I glance in the opposite direction from where Lady Katherine is sitting.

When I was just a pup all I used to do was dream of my mother's face, wishing and praying to my Goddess Luna every night that she was in the after life watching over me. I use to wonder if she too was thinking of me. My entire childhood was centered around my mom. All of my family members had one particular thing about her that they've missed the most.

For my dad, it was her cooking, more specifically her baking. He's always praised my mom's blue ribbon apple pie and when I asked him about it he would say, "Your mother could make a killer apple pie. It was sweet, tart, crispy and extremely satisfying but most importantly your mom's apple pie always made the Western elder she-wolves apple pie taste like burned rubber."