|91| ~ Silent War~

Unedited.
Embry POV.

My head hurts! Ouch, where I am? I open my eyes to yet another unfamiliar room but the hauntingly dauntless energy that floats in the air makes me feel at home.

Cyrus. He's here, standing in the corner watching me like a hawk.

"Cyrus," I breathe out while lifting up my head. Ouch! Ouch! Triple Ouch. My neck hurts like crazy and my throat is dry. What happened to me I think to myself while touching my forehead. My head is ringing and I can't feel my wolf presence. Although, I know that she's here, hiding within me. 

That's very strange when you consider the fact that we've been away from our mate for a very, very, very long time.

But none of that matter's because he's here in the flesh. Oh, my Goddess! He's here, he's here, looking like a tasty snack that I just have to devour.

Oh, crap! The ringing continues. Why does my head hurt so bad? It feels as if I was hit by a truck.

"What happened? When did you return," my questions begin to swarm?

Instead of responding, Cyrus remains silent. He just stares at me with blazing scarlet eyes and this is the exact moment that I realize that I'm in trouble, triple stacks over. My mate is pissed for whatever reason. In fact, I can feel his anger ready to explode like a blast of hot tephra from the top of a volcano but for what is the question.

For some strange reason, I can't seem to remember anything that has recently occurred besides losing ... Aunt Kath-

Oh, my Goddess! Oh, my Goddess! Oh, my Goddess! It hit's me.

Every single event that has recently transpired runs throughout my brain like a flood. My body stiffens. Suddenly, I find myself in the middle of a thunderstorm. An extremely dangerous one.

Aunt Katherine's death!

The Secret Society!

My family reunion, oh, my Goddess!

Jenkin, Farrah!!! The Lycan King Ethel abducted them and me, leading into the forced union, and then boom.

Thunder Claps, Cyrus killed him.

He blew his brains out, two shots to the head! He's gone and there was so much blood.

I was soaked in blood from head to toe, but now I'm clean. Cyrus must have washed me up. Speaking of which, where are we? How did we get here and how long have I've been knocked out? Did he find my sister and nephew are well? Are they safe, my family... Our family.

Oh, Aunt Katherine. Our sweet, sweet Aunt Katherine. Does he know?! "Cyrus, Aunt Katherine was, was, was-,"

"Brutally murdered by your boyfriend's father," he finally talks. The volcano finally erupts.

It explodes. 

Out of nowhere, fiery cloud races throughout this room, destroying almost everything in their path. Cyrus. He's the fiery cloud. My heart shatters to pieces as he looks at me with pure disgust.

"And what do you do after," he hisses at me while taking a single step in the bed direction. "You run off with a pack of mutts and traitors, disrespecting everything I built but most importantly betraying your so-called mate,"

My so-called mate? "Cyrus, I,"

"Shall not say a fucking word, your fucking disgrace," he finally snaps, walking over toward's me. 

My words get caught in my throat, in a matter of seconds I forgot how to speak!

Disgrace?! Who me?! This has to be a nightmare on elm street. My mate world never, ever, ever say such a thing like that to me.