|33|~Trust Your Instincts~

Unedited.
Embry's POV.

"Hello, I'm Abigail," greets the human girl that was back at Cyrus penthouse. She is the one that he is almost scared too death. She extends out her hand for me to take and provided me with a charming smile.

"Nice to meet you, Abigail I'm Embry," I respond while returning her smile with a smile of my own and also extending out my hand for her to take. We shake.

So far I really like Abigail. Gutter has appointed her with the duty of showing me the ropes. Apparently, Abigail is the stand-up slave as Gutter made it his purpose to point out.

She follows orders. She doesn't speak unless spoken to, and she doesn't place her nose in places where it doesn't belong. These were his words, not mine. He basically, said that I should strive to be like Abigail.

It's official! Gutter is a prick and I don't like him at all. He delivered me to Abigail right after advising me that he would be watching, so I need to watch what I say and do. I really, really don't like him.

Now, Abigail is an entirely different story. She's absolutely adorable and such a pretty human girl. Her face is fresh and clean, natural beauty for sure with her big, bright, and ocean blue eyes. She also highlighted golden blonde hair that glows with her natural tanned skin.

Her frame is small and petite. She is a tiny little thing. She is fun-sized as my brother likes to say. Ruq would love him some Abigail into she opens up her mouth because once she starts there is no stopping.

Let's just say that Abigail is a tad bit too talkative. In fact, that's all she does is talk. She hasn't stopped talking since we introduced ourselves, which had to be around 10 minutes ago. How can such a tiny girl have such a big mouth? I mean humans sure do know how to gossip!

If Celine was here she would have been told Abigail to shut her trap, but I'm not Celine and I don't have the heart to tell her to be quiet, no matter how annoying Abigail chit chat can be.

She has been literally yapping her gums about any and everything. Thankfully, she hasn't spoken since our first encounter.

Well, at least she hasn't said a word about it to me.

Starting with something about her best friend Sam escaping with a male slave by the name of Alec. According to Abigail, the Alec guy is such a hunk but is also is a big player. Abigail said that she tried to convince Sam that it was a bad idea to follow after Alec, especially after he caused a scene in front of the vampire kings, who almost ended his life.

After that she has completely lost me, my attention is placed elsewhere.

My eyes have been exploring the haunting beautiful wonders inside this house. This place is filled with over centuries worth of memories. Everything inside here just screams vintage and antique, which is completely different from what I've seen so far when it comes to these vampire Kings' homes.

There is nothing modernize about this place. To begin with, the grand staircase is just simply grand. No marble, No expensive rugs, nothing but a simply bare hardwood floor. A creepily squeaky hardwood floor if I must add-in.

The walls are painted faded yellow and the portraits that hang on to them appear to have been created during another lifetime. We entered a small door that sit's directly underneath the staircase.

So I don't know how it looks upstairs but my eyes didn't miss the old run-down heater and classic love seat that sits right by the door. Plus, this place is filled with dust, and slipcovers are carefully placed on top of the furniture.

It's obvious that no one has resided within these walls for a very long time. Hopefully, it shall stay that way.

I don't want to run into the vampire King that owns this house. I never want to see him again. Why would Cyrus bring me here? Where is he anyway?